My night at the fair ended up being quite enjoyable. Before we left I had a pounding headache, so I wasn't really into going at all. Actually wished I could have just curled up in my bed and gone to sleep. Instead I popped a few tylenol, loaded the gang in the car and departed. When we got to the fair we gave our 15 yr old some money & off he went with his best friend. Teens are funny creatures, still needing us more than ever, yet easily embarrassed if seen out in public with their parents. We only saw him two other times during the night. #1) to get more money #2) when it was time to go home.
I just love fairs at night. With all the lights, smells of greasy foods & noises. It was fun watching the lil one's reactions to everything. They watched in what was a combination of uncertainty & delight. I rode with them on the carousel, oh, what memories it all brought back from my childhood. Mike & I both rode with them on the little train in Kiddie Land. We sat in the seats with our knees hitting our chins & I do think the train was maxed out on it's weight limit. Talk about the little train that could. I swear I heard the train let out a sigh of relief when we got off, lol.
Sammi (2) ate her first corndog and LOVED it. Mikey kept trying to grab a piece for himself but only managed to eat some of the breading. Probably a good thing seeing he still only has 6 teeth. We saw a 1,330 lb pumpkin, a huge sand sculpture, played a few games & scurried past the cows that had their tails lifted in anticipation of doing, well, what cows do best. (I'm NOT talking about moo'ing, lol). We all left the fair at 10pm happy & exhausted.
~~But what I want to know is, how the heck did we spend $140 on two scrawny animal prizes & a couple of corndogs?
1 comment:
I came across your journal from a comment
left on DiAnne's, and wanted to say hello!
I think your journal is quite good and interesting.
Your children are beautiful! Keep writing!
~~Penny~~
http://journals.aol.com/raisinglouisiana/WhateverISay
Post a Comment