Wednesday, October 22, 2003

An Angel gave my kids a cold...part 2

When Angel crashed for a nap on our couch my husband said, "she really is a cute little thing."  He then went on to comment that although she was cute, she was missing something.  "No sparkle in her eyes like Sammi has."  That made me wonder about how my **precocious-laughing-mischeivous-silly-secure-in-the-love of her parents** little girl would be if that love was taken away, if that love never existed.... Yes, that sparkle would be gone and in its place would be a reality that one so young should never know. That day I cried some tears for that sleepy boogy nosed Angel sleeping on my couch.  When I brought Angel back to the nursing home at 3pm she didn't go home, her grandma was working until 11pm that night. Before I even returned to my car to leave, little Angel & her suitcase were already being shuttled off with someone else she barely knew. 

Today when Mike came home for lunch, he wasn't pleased that our two little ones have boogy noses, the beginnings of a cold.  He requested that I don't bring home anymore "stray" children.  But Angel will be back, she'll be back....

                 (pass the kleenex please),,,, 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope this one doesn't travel through journal entries!

Anonymous said...

Hyjeanne, not to sound dumb, but what's traveling through journal entries? Is it like the twilight zone? Disappears? lol... Thanks for reading : )

Anonymous said...

What a really nice story, songbird. Sorry to intrude, but you left me a message one time at On Whining Well, under my Dirty Little Secrets entry. I'm Frank. I always go browsing but rarely comment especially if it's a roomful of women. But this one got me.

F.

Anonymous said...

I meant the cold. travelling through the net. It was just silly.

Anonymous said...

LOL Jeanne.... I think it could, it sure is running thru the family. I worked with Angels Grandma last night & she has it too....

Anonymous said...

Hello Songbird! I'm sorry it took me sooo long to get around to your journal. Life gets busy. Ah well. So glad I came now! [Though I wish I'd worn a medical mask! tehehe...] And I'll definitely be a regular visitor from now on. I don't get the innards and gizzards in the chicken thing either, by the way. Take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi Songbird! Thank you for visiting my journal and commenting. I see I'm on your "other journals" list. Hmm... how did that come to be? And why haven't I been here before? I have to rush out but I've faved you so I can sit and soak up your entries later. I just wanted to send a love shout and tell you I'll be back. ~peace~

Anonymous said...

sweet story! my heartaches for those little people as well in such situations.