Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Life called, part 2

The train ride to Boston was fun....it was full of families going to the Ringling Bros. & Barnum Circus.  Usually train rides are a bit more uncomfortable; people ride pretending to read or sleep, seldom looking a person in the eye or smiling and saying hi.  Saturday's ride was different because the children were all so excited & animated....Their mood was contagious.

The seats were reasonably priced but the food & souveniers were outrageous.  We were close enough to see the tigers & elephants without binoculars, but far enough away so we couldn't be trampled or mauled.  I wanted cotton candy & was shocked to hear that it was 10.00!  What a rip-off, but I did get a souvenier paper hat with it, whoopee!!  Mike ordered a slushy for Sammi & that small ball of ice with food dye only cost 8.00.  The clown cup it came in is cute, but I'm sure we'll be selling it at the next yardsale for .50 cents.....

When we returned home, we were greeted with toilet water from the upstairs apartment dripping down from the ceiling into our bathroom. Can you say "gross?"  Mike's mom is a poor housekeeper (so I've been told; I've never been upstairs to visit in 4 years!) so I didn't even want to imagine what her toilet looked like. Mike went upstairs and repaired the problem, so now there is no more toilet water dripping into my bathroom.  But I do have a lovely hole in the ceiling.  It's always something....

                            That's life....

                               Maybe I won't answer next time....

Nah, who am I kidding?  It's better than the alternative : )

No comments: