Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Life called...

Life called and I had to answer it......

Saturday was a crazy day.  We have been in the process of uncluttering our lives; in order to do that we have cluttered other peoples lives by having yardsales, "Buy our clutter, please??"  We made about $370., my 15 year old son made $190. ( he sold off childhood collections of beanie babies and baseball cards).  I think we have more stuff than most couples, because when we became engaged almost 4 years ago, I sold & packed up my house of 15 years.  Put my life in boxes and taped them shut. I rented a storage unit & then moved to a different state.  I've never regretted leaving my old life, it was a life best forgotton for the most part....

I moved in with Mike (a 43 yr old bachelor) and his house lacked any presense of female domestication. (With the exception of a few lone earrings, sandals, some tampax in the bathroom & a few items of female clothes, a few sizes smaller than me, might I add).  Posters of dogs playing pool were art work, his animals had the run of the house & furniture.  I think he owned 4 forks and 2 plates, lol.  It's been a long 4 years, but FINALLY his house is becoming my house too.  In the past year, it's feeling like home.  One only has to walk into the front hallway to know that this is a house where a woman lives.... (Old girlfriends take note, lol).

After our yardsale on Saturday, some friends came over at 1pm.  We jumped the train into Boston & went to see the circus. 

.....(sigh) To be continued later, life calls again....

                     ....Mommy's coming Mikey....      

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering where you were. Having a life - pretty good excuse!


Tina