Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Happy St. Patricks Day!

Blarney Castle in Ireland

"May you live as long as you want,
 And never want as long as you live..."

"This is one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever."
 ~Sigmund Freud (about the Irish)

And lastly...(I love this one!)

"May those who love us, love us...
And those that don't love us,
May God turn their hearts.
And if He doesn't turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles,
So we'll know them by their limping."

Happy St. Patricks Day!!

Now going off to start my corned beef, cabbage & carrots. 
And then we'll be baking some shamrock cookies, thanks Pillsbury! lol...

**PS, still snowing, only got about 8"   leprechaun_play_with_gold_md_wht.gif

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you! I like the quotes above..they made me smile :)
8" if snow. I'm sorry to hear that. I won't tell you that it's 70 degrees and sunny here in B'ham, AL. I'd be willing to leave it and put on my heavy coat and snow shoes to have dinner at your house today! Mmmm, sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too... : )
I have got to go change out of my purple shirt now....
~Tina

Anonymous said...

Wishing you red sunsets on this invariably snowy & green day.

Anonymous said...

Old Siggie was right! ERIN GO BRAUGH!!!
Vince

Anonymous said...

I love the poem about turning the ankles of those who don't love us--that kind of sounds like something I would think....Happy St. Patty's Day!!!! PS...sorry you're getting snow...

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patrick's day to you too! Blessings! God bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

This is so nice. Love visiting you. HUGS< BARB

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Pat's Day! Wish i was eating at your house...we had lasagna!

Anonymous said...

wow, only 8 inches! brrrrrrrr. those poor little leprechans (sp?)
LOVE those irish sayings by the way...."So we'll know them by their limping." LOL
ummmm-waiting on your sentance... :)

Anonymous said...

Great image!!! Hope you had a swell St. Patty's Day! :-)

Gregg

Anonymous said...

I've heard that curse before and love it. The quote from Freud is hilarious...sad but so true.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Ugh...I'm so sorry you're getting more snow! It's been sunny and warm enough for shorts here in WA. (Are you going to slap me now?) =)

Happy Belated St. Paddy's Day to you, as well, Michelle!


XO ~ Bridgett

Anonymous said...

Hey thanx for visiting my journal....Yeah i am from Massachusetts but i haven't been in the U.S since 2001..My husband is Active Duty U.S Airforce And we are stationed in Germany!

Anonymous said...

Michelle Happy Belated St. Paddy's Day :) I love those quotes, and corned beed/cabbage...yummy. Have you heard of the Irish Rovers, I grew up with their music. I'm glad I got to stop by and say hi....it's rare I have time to do that these days. I'm on Yahoo now...email: starlitemaker@sbcglobal.net if you want to email me :)

Love Beverly/starlitemaker (love your posts)

Anonymous said...

Haha! Never heard of that last one. Funny. Sounds just like my family - so it must be authentic! :P Did you enjoy your Irish meal? Happy Belated St. Patty's Day!

Anonymous said...

I love that last one, what a hoot, lol. Shamrock cookies, now why didn't I think of that?

Anonymous said...

Off, and of course, belated Happy St. Paddy's Day!

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
    I greatly enjoyed your article and your little girl is so special,  I downloaded her song and will listen to her sing again and again.  Here`s hopeing that the argument with the fruit pop wasn`t to bad.  I hope to return to see you and yours again.  

Richard C Bowden
(Ned Cooper)