Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Sunsets And Bra Straps...

I went to the grocery store last night, alone.  Ok, so not a thrill to most, but alone time here is precious.  Usually my alone time consists of the few minutes I get in the bathroom; and that only happens because I lock the door.  Even then there are little one's at the door knocking & asking to come in.  Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin.  

As I drove to the grocery store, I saw a beautiful sunset.  I just love watching the peaceful way the world says good night.  Last night watching it made me a bit wistful.  The day was filled with the promise of Spring as the temps hit a balmy 50 degrees.  Yes, hope springs eternal until the weatherman on TV said, "Nor'easter tomorrow, 8" - 12" of snow accumulation expected.  This will be the most significant snowfall since December."  Now the interesting thing about this weather forcast was that the sunset gave a different one.  "Red sky in the morning, sailor's take warning.  Red sky at night, sailor's delight."   The sky last night was definitely red.  Could the weatherman be wrong??  The sky said he was....

While at the grocery store last night I noticed that my bra straps kept falling down.  Actually they have been for the past few weeks.  What's up with that?  Not only have I noticed that my bra straps won't stay up but the diaper bag, aka my pocketbook, won't stay on my shoulder.  It's so aggravating, can a person lose weight only in their shoulders? Think I'll get a haircut this week to show them off.  Why do foods with no carbs/no fat cost more when there are less ingredients in them?  Mike has been doing the Atkins diet since last June and has lost 75 lbs.  I was also doing Atkins, but started having heart palpitations so I stopped.  I lost 23 lbs at that point but have since gained some of it back. The good news is: no weight gain in my shoulders.  Well, my life calls me so I must go answer it.  Pulling up my bra straps and waiting for the snow to fall....

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you need a new bra, lol!
use this old one as a snowball shooter!!!! a double slingshot, haha. i'm getting the same snow you are, thrilled to pieces, i am.....NOT
~cindy

Anonymous said...

Skinny shoulders . . . now there's something to shoot for!

Anonymous said...

Hee-hee! Sounds to me like you have lost weight in your shoulders! If that is possible, and it sure sounds like it, congrats!! And, good news, if you lost it there, then it is lost other places too! And, I agree, yesterday was a beautiful day and evening and now BAM, snow again! UGGHHH! I love New England, but it is time to stop snowing now thank you very much!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss. I really hope you don't get snow. I'm in warm weather mode now and couldn't take it!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! Doesn't God make such beautiful scenery for us to enjoy! God bless, Beckie

Anonymous said...

LOL ~ I have the same problems with my bra straps. I think it's just because I forget to tighten them all the time. Either that...or I'm eventually going to be one of those slump-shouldered little old women walking around. =)

I really hope you don't get all that snow! Uggh!

XO ~ Bridgett

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I was wondering if the Atkins was good for the heart. The diet just seems like it can't be too heart healthy. I envy the weight loss. Oh & the cost, I was reading an artical with price comparisons when doing the different diets..I think it must have been a weight watchers add, because the least expensive food cost was for the weight watchers diet & the most was Atkins. Hummm. Love the picture. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

"no weight gain in my shoulders." LOL - The Atkins diet scares me! An East Coast Sunset - ahhh, beautiful! Sure, the weatherman could be wrong. Let's hope.

Anonymous said...

Girl, you sure have had your share of snow, I hope the weatherman is wrong!

Bra straps are just some of the challenges by which us women are tested. Irks me no end, but what can we do, it's a must have protection against gravity, ahem.

Atkins is such a tough diet, though you do lose weight. I'm such a carb addict though, I can't last more than a week!

Anonymous said...

I also did the Atkins at one time, lost some weight, then went off and gained it all back. ::sigh:: Heart palps ain't good!!! If it would just warm up [poor you!!!] then you could get out and do some walking. Chasing toddlers is good enough exercise, though, and you've got your hands full in that dept. LOL Shoulders are hot... show 'em off!! :P

Anonymous said...

LOL
I have problems with my bra straps too...it's because I have sloping shoulders.
so, the atkins diet gave you palpitations...

Anonymous said...

When my kids were small they did the same thing, only when I would go into the bathroom my only private room in the house all three kids would gather at the door and have all types of questions to ask me all of a sudden and sometimes they would even lay on the floor and try to see in...it was so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Michelle! I love your random thoughts! To answer your bra strap question... I believe it's from us having the weight of the world on our shoulders. Or, at least the weight of our handbags/diaperbags. In which, most moms carry their entire world anyway, right?. :) Nice post..I'm smiling really big now :)

Anonymous said...

I guess your thoughts are not so mundane....add them all together and you have a good post!
~Tina

Anonymous said...

TMI...LOL