The weather is finally beginning to warm up. Temperatures were in the low 60's today...doing the happy dance while avoiding the mud... Of course the forecast for tomorrow says that there's a chance of snow, but still, Spring IS definitely coming. Those birds were right. Oh, Spring....
The toddlers really need to get outside to play soon. Can you tell from the picture up above? They've stripped Sammi's bed, and now are trying to figure out how to put it up on the rail of the crib so they can use the mattress as a slide. They actually succeeded, but they had to compromise, they put the mattress against her shorter headboard. It doesn't matter how much I babyproof an area, these two always find something to get into. Notice the wall near the crib. That gray stripe on the wall used to be an adorable Winnie the Pooh border. For awhile, peeling that border off was a favorite past time. :::sigh::: I'm thinking of painting a mural on the wall, because putting up another border would be a losing battle. Just trying to think of a good idea. That gray stripe might be there for awhile....
Tonight I found the perfect wooden play center for them. Lots of climbing options, swings, a slide, it's perfect. And the price is great too! (check it out at this link) Walmart.com - Sedona Wooden Play Center Oh, hurry up income tax return!! Not-so-patiently waiting... ::::tapping foot and checking the mailbox even on Sundays, lol::::
17 comments:
LOL
you are a brave women. :) I guess I can't complain with my one 2 year old. :)
a mural, that would be exciting...I have always wanted to do a mural, but I am afraid to try! my sister did a lovely and rather large mural on her wall, of animals across rolling hills...it's reall lovely. and she outlined everything in this thick black pen paint...it's very cool! good luck!
Times like this make you really appreciate all Mom and Dad did for us. Imagine this fun...only doubled! LOL
I have ALWAYS wanted one of those wooden play centers, but have never been able to afford it. AND, my husband says he knows how to put things together, but I know it would take him about a month to do so. Therefore, we have never bought one. Our backyard is never used, unfortunately, due to idiot neighbors that are ALWAYS in their backyard. Can't afford a fence either, but it is my dream! I am so jealous of you getting the wooden play center though! Keep me updated!
Hugs and love, Lisa
I'm not sure if I've ever stopped by here before, but I wanted to let you know that you have a great journal. You have a beautiful family and the stories of your life with them touch my heart.
ROTFL!!!! Oh now that's most definitely an original way to get things done. LOL! Nice!
Gregg
Even on Sunday??? Hahaha good luck! Hope you get it soon. Hugs Lanny
I just love the picture you put in of the toddlers. They are so creative! It's a shame Parker doesn't have a playmate to do these things with. He's such a little loner. There just aren't any kids his age around here. I know absolutely none. I'm thinking of a play group, if I can find one. First, his immune system needs built up...and second, he needs to be around kids his age.
Great entry!
XO ~ Bridgett
Hope you get that wooden play center. It will bring Hours of wonderful creative play....and use up lots of energy!!! LOL.
I loved playing out doors with my kids when they were little. :) your kids are so CUTE!!! Great picture!!! The mural idea sounds GREAT!!!
:) Kate
I've always wanted to get the kids one of those, or even just a swing set. They always have so much more fun playing with the boxes though! LOL, i check my mail on sunday too sometimes. Have fun shopping when the check comes!
The Play Center sounds so great...I hope you get it! I will be wanting to see some great pics of flying curly hair accompanied by happy faces!
~Tina
I had those type of things for my kids when they were young and it kept them busy for hours!
Gosh Michelle! A lot going on in your house since my last visit! Isn't it always something? And on top of all the chaos, you make time to check on me :) How sweet. A adore the picture of the toddlers. I know how you feel, only Stephen doesn't have another kid there to give him a hand! Let us know about those results. Love, Mia
I'm so diggin' their little fuzzy heads. LOL I just wanna smooch them both, they're so cute.. and so BUSY!!! Little partners in crime. I love it!
Hope you're able to get them the play center you want! And yes, the weather will be warm soon. You can take them out to play, get their energies out, so they won't destroy the house so much. tehehe...
a mural sounds fun! My house, which is now a rental, has a Mother Goose mural across all 4 walls, the woman that lived in the house before me received it as a shower gift from a very talented friend! I rented the house out with the condition that that room never gets painted over! I hope one day to rent to a family that will use it as a nursery!
~ Karyn
http://beta.journals.aol.com/karynetaylor/WhateverItTakesMyChoices/
I just happened to stumble on your journal and I will definetly be back. Looks like you have your hands full with the todlers but they are sure dolls. have a look see at my journal sometime.
Melissa
http://journals.aol.com/mstennee22/MsTennee22sJournal
Great pic - looks like fun! A mural sounds great. Just be sure to research non-toxic paints - with these two, I wouldn't be surprised if they chisel the mural and make collages out of the scraps! Creative little bugs. :) Yay Spring! I tried to get a look at the play center but Walmart's site is down. I'll check back later. FunFun!!
Aww, those little sweeties are getting antsy. They would love the play center! I'll pray with you for the refund to come soon!
Post a Comment