The toddlers were hungry, I decided to bring them down to the cafe to eat lunch.
Once downstairs, I realized I had no money in my pockets, so I went to the ATM.
The ATM was out of order and the cafe does not take credit/debit cards.
Decided to bring the toddlers for a walk to take their mind off food.
Unfortunately our route went past the kitchen and Sammi kept saying "I'm vewwwwry hungry."
Went into the gift shop and asked if they took credit cards, they did. Yea!!!!
They had over priced gifts that I did not need, candy & gum. I settled on 2
lollipops.
I plunked the lollipops up on the counter & gave the clerk my card. She said, "you can't use your card for just that." Embarrassed, tired & worried about Mike, my eyes teared up as I walked away.
She called me back and gave the lollipops to the babies. Thank-you for your kindness...
Mike's surgery went well. He returns for results in 10 days. Fingers & toes crossed
Went home & registered the truck online, then off to free our truck from jail.
The bail? $95.00 for a tow of 200 yards.
Crazy! But hey, at least we got a new calendar out of the deal.
Tonight things are better simply because the hump day from hell is over.
Come on Thursday!! Pay day & Survivor, my favorite day of the week...
17 comments:
My favorite part was the calendar. Reminds me of the Monty Python song, "Always look on the bright side of life."
ahhh what an exhausting day! I think I would have started bawling at the cafe! and yes, I will keep my toes and fingers crossed as well.
Sometimes there are just days when nothing seems to go right. Hopefully Mike's surgery took care of the problem. In the big scheme of things, it's only $95 and strangers can sometimes be counted on to give you free lollipops. =P
hyjeanne - lol, it really isn't a bad calendar, thinking I'll put a reminder of when to renew registrations on it :)
Babyshark- I hate showing emotion in public. One of the things I wish I could change about myself. Get teary eyed when sad, happy, frustrated, angry, watching my son perform, watching parades, beautiful music, BAD music, lol.
Muse- Mike has 4 other remaining growths. All depends on the outcome of this biopsy. Thanks for seeing the bright side of things....
What a day! Hope the biopsy gives you good news!
Oh, Michelle. I haven't been here in a while and when I read about your day from hell, my heart broke. I'm so sorry, sweetie. I'll keep my fingers crossed that Mike's results are positive, too. It's gonna be tough typing, but I'll do it anyway.
Here's hoping for the best.
The kindness of strangers... wow... I love that. They really can make everything bad in your life seem easier to deal with. What a nice person - to not send your babies away without their lollipops. And to not send away their momma in tears. Poor Michelle. Awwww.. I can just see your anxiety and frustration. Ahh well.. you're home now and it's Thursday. Yah!! :)
OK, yea, it turns out OK. I hope the results come out the same!!
Sorry you had such a rough day! all of you!
~ Karyn
http://beta.journals.aol.com/karynetaylor/WhateverItTakesMyChoices/
I don't even know where to begin - there's so much... From a check-up to surgery. Yikes! Fast-movers you all are. Bummer about the registration and "car jail" but luckily there wasn't an accident while unregistered. I know this entry is about your day from hell - but there's so much optimism in here... just shows your true character. I was practically in tears with you by the time you reached for the lollipops. Thank God for the little angels sent our way :) xo
Forgot to mention ... CD is in today's mail! :)
My thoughts are with you during your wait.
YOUR babies are Beautiful!
Kate
Bless your heart with all the waiting! Thank you for telling the story of the truck. Upon reading it, I glanced at my husband and said, "Did you put the new registration in the truck and the sticker on the license plate?" His answer was an "Uh-oh". So I get to do it in the rain. Hope everything turns out ok for your husband. ~Peachy
Is there anything in this world worse than waiting around in a hospital? I think not.
I was totally feeling your pain when talking about two hungry toddlers and no money. Actually, almost teared up. I'm so sorry you had to go through all this, Michelle!
We'll all be thinking good thoughts for Mike. Hang in there, kiddo!
XO ~ Bridgett
p.s. My, what pretty babies you have!
When it rains it pours!
Bless your heart! And thank heavens there are still good people out there! That was touching. I will be keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers......Keep us up dated! ~Senssatinalstorm~
Oh Michelle...the whole thing sounds just awful...well, except the lollipop lady...:::making a mental note to remember to *be* a "lollipop lady"::: Oh, and I've got my fingers crossed for Mike too....
~Tina
Update: Mike's results were great. He has lipomas....(which basically are fatty tumors). The best thing is that they are benign & seldom turn malignant. Dr is not sure why some people form these tumors, genetics is believed to be a cause. Anyways, he won't have to have anymore removed unless they become painful or very big. :::smiling big here:::
Post a Comment