For example, this morning I received a call from our gas company. The computerized drone said, "Please wait while I connect you to a customer representative." The message was repeated 3 times, then I was disconnected. So I pulled out my bill and attempted to pay it by phone. I kept getting booted out of the computerized system for various reasons. The 1st time was because apparently it's very sensitive and if there's noise around, then it boots you out. When booted out of the computerized system, I spoke to a REAL voice who told me of this glitch. She said, "Can you go hide in the bathroom and make the payment where it's quiet?" She then put me back into the computerized system. So I tried making the payment while sitting on the toilet, but was booted out of the system for an invalid SS#. The REAL voice changed the SS# on the account to mine and then rebooted me back to the computerized system. I spent approximately another 10 minutes trying to make the payment by phone, and yup, booted yet again! In frustration, I just hung up....
Yesterday we tried to buy the play set for the toddlers. We decided to drive to Wal-Marts to pick it up because delivery charge is $89.00. That's crazy! We had no problems finding the ticket to buy the play set. Unfortunately no one could tell us if they had any in stock. Customer service said the computer showed there was one in the warehouse & three on order. We told the clerk we would like to buy the one in the warehouse, but she wasn't sure what warehouse it was in. Apparently she didn't know who to call to ask, only had her data on the computer. In frustration, we asked to speak to a supervisor. She said, "everyone was sent home because of cut-backs, so they can rehire." Huh? After realizing she was making no sense, we took the ticket and went home. I need to call, but think I might E X P L O D E if I have to talk to another computer.
26 comments:
I really feel your pain!!! I'm not sure what the world is coming to, but it doesn't look good from my point of view. The computerized thing makes your blood pressure rise, and then when you talk to a real person, they are either stupid or condescending. I usually end up barking at the real people just because I feel better afterwards. I don't get done what I needed to get done, but at least I've blown off some steam...
Write a nice, polite letter and complain. That works for me.
I hate terrible service....and I want to see pictures of your kids on that play set!
~Tina
How about trying direct billing or online billpay or mail the payment to the Gas Co? As for your Walmart excursion - This is exactly why I try to buy everything online! Way less hassle. [Oh, but the delivery charge] Ugh. I can hardly stand those auto-phone-voices. I get really bugged when I call 411 and get stuck in some auto-voice vortex! Argh!
"I need to call, but think I might E X P L O D E if I have to talk to another computer. " So what do you do? You come home and write about it on your computer!! LOL Irony!!
I'm with Freee - I do online bill pay and it has saved my life. I'd be homeless with no heat, no phone and certainly no motorcar... (sounds like the beverly hillbillies to me).
Karen: I hear you. Sometimes by the time I get thru all the computerized junk and talk to a human, I'm so frustrated. :::deep breaths:::
Melodee: ::mock horror::: What?? Snail mail? lol
Tina: Lots of pics coming WHEN we finally get the play set.
Freee: I plan on hoofing it down to the gas co. tomorrow and paying. I thought paying by phone would be less painful. Of course they wouldn't call me at all, if I stayed current. But so many bills, so little money...lol....
DiAnne: "I need to call, but think I might E X P L O D E if I have to talk to another computer. " So what do you do? You come home and write about it on your computer!! LOL Irony!! ~~TOTALLY LMAO. It's definitely a love-hate relationship...I actually wrote something about that at the beginning, but the damn 2,500 character limit made me edit, edit, edit.
Tsk, tsk, tsk, companies are getting computer happy. Silly companies, don't they know comps are not good replacements for real customer service? Unless of course they build a computer smart enough to think. I share your frustration, many a time I've thrown my hands up in disgust. In this day and age of tough competition it's appaling how companies in the name of saving a buck or two are subjecting their loyal customers to this kind of aggravation.
lol! good lord what a run around!! I think I would have exploded too.
Glitches....the more electronic we get...the more we will get them. :)
Wow!!!! I am ready to EXPLODE with YOU!!! My Monday went just about as well as yours. One thing after another went wrong at work, and it was mainly internal office junk...the Customers were great!! -I love my customers...but sometimes I am the one they yell at after going thru all the automated junk. Hang in there, Tuesday Has to be better.
:) Kate
Frustrating, isn't it? Have you tried doing these things on-line, Michelle? That's how I've been doing nearly everything lately. It's so much simpler. But yes..I agree that an $89 shipping fee is ridiculous. I paid $75 for Parker's fire engine, and about had a heart attack.
Sooo....are you having fun with that tax return yet??? <grin>
Bridgett: Actually I pay a few bills online, but have never paid the gas online. Actually I went to their website, but the website was not easy to navigate and you had to be registered, etc. I just thought paying by phone would be easier, lol. Wrong!! I would have ordered the play center online, except for that shipping cost. It just kills me when we can pick it up ourselves. And yes, having fun spending some of the money....(We even opened up our first joint savings account. WOOT!)
Have you ever tried to call the DMV? I thought I'd have to sign up for anger management classes after a week of trying to get ahold of a real person there.
Michelle!!! LoL! I know it isn't really "funny" when it's happening to you, but the way you described it had me rolling! You have a great sense of humor!
I know how frustrating that can be...what happened to the good ole days of actual people on the other end of the line.
Relax, Calm down, Take it easy!
[easy for me to say ]!
Vince
Take a few deep breaths...relax...ohhhmmmmm! My mom & I were just talking about this whole subject the other day. What drives me nuts are all the instructions to push this # & that #, followed by the * key....now do a back flip & spin on your head 18 times! LOL Sometimes I try holding (not doing anything) or pushing 0, hoping for a real person but it doesn't always work..."not a valid entry!" Where are the humans???? ~Aunt Nub~
I CAN'T STAND those things! Uggghhh! I feel your frustration. I hope you find the play set and don't have to go to Timbuctoo to get it!
Love, Penny
Yep!!! I love my puter, but we do rely on them too much! They are not God.
There is only one true loving God. Beckie
dont you love walmart...john
OK... my NUMBER ONE pet peeve is when you get those stupid computerized messages that call YOU and then ask YOU to HOLD. GRRRRR and double-GRRRR!!! I just hang up on them. Call me when you're ready to talk, dammit!! And those endless automated services that ask you to punch in 1500 numbers before you can actually talk to someone [or leave a message!] are really annoying too. But hey, it saves them money. Grrr-Grrr!
I sooo know what you mean about computers I made one of my car payments through an automated system and they called me 3 days later wanting to come get the car come to find out the system got my checking account # wrong....GEEEZ
Mel
Update: We bought the Sedona Playset last night at Wal-marts! YAY!!!!!
It's scary that computers are SUPPOSED to help us, but it's taking away jobs & making life so hard on people. It's supposed to be a Star Trek perfect world, but it's causing a lot of unnecessary grief.
I know those are so frustrating....but i have been on the other end as a human that has to answer for the phone company and if they go thru one computer voice...they are already mad...you just cant win:)
one thing ive learn not to talk to machines the min they ansewer and they start saying press 123 for this and that i am off i hate it thats why we dont have jobs because they find it cheaper not to pay a machine i only hope there lights come of a big huge amount help we need humans not machines thats scary
Post a Comment