"I yub you, you yub me...." that is the tune my 2 yr old Sammi was singing this morning(Barney's theme song). Even with my eyes burning from lack of sleep, it made me smile. All three kids are sick now, cough, runny nose, not sleeping well at night. Spencer stayed home from school today, which actually works out pretty good. I'll still be able to make my dentist appointment at 11:15am. It's pretty bad when you look forward to going to the dentist to get a break. "Hey,doc...give me a little more novacaine, I want to have that numb feeling last really long today" For the past 4 nights Sammi has been up by 3am. I think it is a combination of the unfamiliarity with her BIG girl bed,her cold (she has it the worst) & the fact that she has the attention span of a pesky mosquito. I've had to get up and go to the livingroom with her. I'm able to lock the gate to keep her in one place & I can snooze on the couch, sort of....
SCREAM...... that is just what I heard this second. As I quickly looked around the corner, I found a speaker on top of Sammi & a lamp on the floor. Apparently she wanted a nutcracker I placed on top of the speaker. Sam,speaker,lamp & nutcracker are all unscathed. My life, gotta love it. (And I do, really).
My time here this morning has come to an end. I think I smell a poop (too bad technology doesn't allow you to download smells yet, because I would share, lol.) I'll get back to normal journaling as soon as these babies are healthy again. Until then I'll enjoy the sweet chirpings of song....
"I yub you, you yub me....e-i-e-i-o" :::smile::: that's how she ended her version
8 comments:
I so remember the Barney days...lol, my son and I used to sing that song together, and admittedly I had tears in my eyes everytime we sang it ...lol, soppy me! I truly hope Sammi and Spencer are feeling much better soon. Michele, we thank god for no smell-a-rama online because those days are over for me....phew!!...lol. Take care, get rest (((())))
Awwwww... LoL I yub you, ya know!! e-i-e-i-o!!!
This is a great entry.. I definitely get the chaos that is your life. It's my life too. Kids make it fun, though. And even when they drive you crazy, you can still look at them, laugh, and truthfully say, "I yub you too." :)
This was awesome. I wouldn't trade being a daddy for anything in the world. Parents are truly blessed
Awww cuuuuuute "I yub you, you yub me....e-i-e-i-o" That is just precious! LOL "smell a poop" Great entry. Lots going on to keep you busy! Get some rest! xo
I love her version of the song. Adorable.
I'm glad the smell thing isn't an option yet.....
I hope your kids hurry and get better!
My 2 y/o nephew called my house yesterday to sing "Happy Birthday to day" to my mother. After his song he said, "I lug you, Grandma." It just hits you right here (in the heartstrings).
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!
Jeanne
busy household over there! no one is sick here at the moment! yea!
Post a Comment