Monday, November 24, 2003

Holiday Reminder...

 In honor of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, I wanted to write down all the reasons of why I'm thankful.  There are many....  Instead I find myself thinking about the loss of my brother's love.  Holidays are the harshest reminders of this void in my life. 

I'm not sure how it happened; but something changed almost 5 years ago after I revealed that my marriage was unraveling.  I guess I didn't see the changes at first.  The emotional turmoil that a divorce causes totally encompassed me.  At that time I can honestly say I wasn't a very good friend or sister.  I seldom called friends because I was tired of hearing (or feeling) "I miss you and Kevin together".  Social situations with mutual couple friends became awkward.  I also withdrew from my family. It was as if I had wrapped a cocoon around myself.  I didn't emerge until my spirit had begun to heal & I was ready to spread my wings to fly once again.  I foolishly thought that all my friends & family would be there when I emerged.  I was wrong....   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

::sigh:: I'm so sorry that it happened this way for you. But I see the pictures of your daughter, the stories you tell about your children, and I know you have much to be thankful for. I hope at some point this week, you're able to find MORE to put on your thankful list. You DESERVE that.