Monday, November 3, 2003

Terrible Two's

I never believed in the terrible two's.... I honestly believed it was an excuse parent's used who couldn't control their children.  When my oldest was a toddler, I would see a child in public having a tantrum and think, "Thank God that's not MY child."  And walk smugly by them.  Well, guess what?  That child is MY child these days....

Ok, going to whine now, so stop reading if you don't want to hear it, lol...

Going to the grocery store alone with the 2 babies has become an almost impossible feat.  First of all, there's only room for one in the grocery cart seat.  I've tried putting the other child in the basket part, but food gets tossed out as fast as I put it in.  Or sometimes the food would get mangled beyond recognition....(Shhhhh....I admit to discreetly putting back a few loaves of bread that looked like a sack of potatoes were sitting on them, lol)  So there is always one child free.  Ever try pushing a full grocery cart while attempting to get the child in the seat to sit down & the other one to quit pulling things off the shelves and walk in the same direction?  Oh, and then there's that nifty grocery cart invention that has a little car built in under the cart. (Picture above in happier times).  The concept is cute, but before you know it Sammi is screaming because Mikey is beeping HER horn.  And then the mayhem begins.... So I usually end up putting Mikey back in the grocery cart seat & Sammi insists on walking because she doesn't want to ride in the car alone!  

Ok, so I believe in the terrible two's.... I want to apologize to the other parents for the smug thoughts I once possessed when walking by your child having a tantrum.  What comes around, goes around.  

               I sure hope Mikey isn't taking notes....       

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! I so agree. I have one 2 year old that is like two 2 year olds...throwing his shoes into grocery aisles, yelling at the top of his lungs, telling me where to go "Over there mommy!" That was me too walking past other people's children screaming for a treat, my first one was rather mild and never did that...but this second one of mine is surely making up for it! lol...lOVED reading what your entry.

Anonymous said...

btw...CUTE kids!

Anonymous said...

LOL - great entry! cutie-pies in the pic!! oh my! precious!

Anonymous said...

I hate those firetruck grocery carts! In fact, I hate dragging kids to the grocery store period!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! I used to think the same thing. Then God gave me Adam!

Anonymous said...

I never believed in the terrible twos, either. Now I believe in the terrible twos, threes and fours!! Then you head straight into the smart-mouthed 5-7 year old catagory. And it won't be long before they're in that zone where they don't talk to you at all, not even to smart-off to you. LoL I love the picture and the post! Cute kiddos!!! All that red curly hair. Wow!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I also have a child going through the terrible two's. He was a picture perfect baby. His third word was "Thank-you" and I thought at the time there must have been a mix-up at the hospital. Now the terrible two's have kicked in, and I am 100% that he is the child I gave birth too...all it took was one screaming tantrum.