Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Nothing is sacred, PART 2

Upon entering the bathroom I saw that she had all the toothbrushes out.  Lookin' up at me with big brown eyes she asked, "Brusha my teesth?"  Being in a hurry to leave I said "not now" and began putting the toothbrushes away.  I noticed that my toothbrush bristles were soaked.  Hmmm, weird that my toothbrush should still be wet.  But I was in a hurry & didn't analyze what that might mean.

While visiting my folks, I told them about how I found Sammi in the bathroom wanting to brush her teeth.  I said, ".....of course she couldn't brush her teeth because she can't reach the faucets to turn on the water...." WAIT!! (brain freak) She can't turn on the faucets & my toothbrush was wet!  It was more than wet, it was soaked.  Oh, the horror, my toothbrush got a swirly by Sammi!  On the way back home we stopped at Walmarts, I bought a new toothbrush.  Is nothing sacred anymore?

Today while the world was solemnly celebrating Veterans Day, my darling 2 year old daughter is still celebrating Independence Day....       

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol! I never cosidered a swirly! good lord. I better replace my toothbrush and go gargle...

Anonymous said...

lol, funny entry. note to self: when you have a toddler of your own, put toothbrushes under lock and key.

Anonymous said...

note to Sammi "Go get em girl".....Happy Independence Day!

Anonymous said...

What's worse, what if she really was "brusha her teesth" with a toilet-water-soaked teesth-brush?? LoL Ewwww... Good thing you thought of it BEFORE *you* brushed, right?

Anonymous said...

Ewwww Slo, didn't think of that. But, well if she did, better her than me, LOL. But then again she eats cheerios that she finds under the couch that have been there a week & loves playing in drooly dog water. Don't think her gross-out factor has kicked in yet... : )

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, been there done that, TWICE. Sammi sounds like a very creative little girl! ~Tara (aka The Peach)

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid it's not over yet. Independence Day can last a very long time. Take nothing for granted. Take no prisoners. When my daughter hands me a glass of water, I make a practice of asking where it came from before taking a sip. Can't be too careful.