It didn't take me long to realize we were heading towards Boston. I just love Boston at night, esepcially this time of year with all the lights. We actually held hands while riding. I know, no big deal to you, but to me it was. Usually our hands are full trying to hand back snacks, bottles or toys. We seldom get to have a conversation in the car, because we are busy singing silly kid songs. "The wheels on the bus go round-n-round..." Tonight hands were free to hold & conversation was free to flow. Unfortunately, I found myself gabbing away about the kids. MAN, I need a life!! : )
We ate at a seafood restuarant with great ambience, McCormicks & Shcmidts. The restuarant even had white cloth napkins and not a gold Burger King crown in sight. It was so nice to eat without worrying about flying food & prodding fingers digging in my plate. After eating & having a glass of wine we strolled off towards the theatre district in Boston. When we reached the Stuart Playhouse, the date destination was finally revealed. We had tickets to see Stomp. We sat in the 7th row. If you've never seen ads for Stomp, it's a bit hard to describe. There's lots of rythmn not only with their bodies, but with trash cans, brooms, toilet plungers, even the kitchen sink. The show was also very funny & for the first time in awhile I actually laughed out loud at something other than my kids. It was great, really...
Well, I should be in bed now. I'm sure the babies will be up at the crack of dawn and date night isn't quite over with yet....::::wink, wink::::
Locking the bedroom door.....
13 comments:
What a beautiful, charming entry. It's the little things like holding hands that I'm often grateful for! You have a great journal here.
Smilin Mon
Awww... lovely!! Hey, I didn't know you live near Boston. I'm from Mass. I've been to the Stuart (i think i saw Little Shop of Horrors there yeeeaarrrrrssss ago) Dinner in the city and Stomp?! Whoa! Great date!
How wonderful!! It sounded like a terrific evening!
Glad it went well and Mike was able to keep it a secret from you...john
Sounds wonderful! Hugs,Ginny http://journals.aol.com/ginnysflawless/ThePainoflettinggo/
Good for you! Sounds like you had a terrific time! My hubby & I need a "date night" & we don't even have kids! HeeHeeHee! Love the journal...thanks for sharing!
~Liz~ (aka Aunt Nub)
http://journals.aol.com/montaukny/AuntNubsEmptyHead
great story! Sounds like you had lots of fun! Ive always wanted to see Stomp- Im so jealous! :-)
Not a BK logo in sight huh? Wonder what thats like LOL
~ Mary (wacky world of mary)
Sounds really great Michelle! What a good man you have there to plan this all for you!! Tina
Oh, how I envy you! I can't even remember what a date is like. Thank you for inviting me to read your journal. I've really enjoyed it. And I just have to say...I don't know how you do it! Nursing AND 3 kids? Wow....you really are 'supermommy!' Visit my journal again soon!
bridgett (My Life With A Toddler)
Sounds just lovely! Not a banana in sight.
What a night of Fantasy!!!!! Wow, and the picture is beautiful of you guys. Thanks for sharing you Dream Date.
http://journals.aol.com/mw15mw99/ThisandThat/
Kate
He did an awesome job with this, glad you enjoyed it. It was great even getting to read about!!
~ Karyn
Well, I should be in bed now. I'm sure the babies will be up at the crack of dawn and date night isn't quite over with yet....::::wink, wink::::
Locking the bedroom door.....
ROFL!!! You saucy woman, you!! Hope you enjoyed your date night! I love Stomp!
Post a Comment