Friday, March 4, 2005

A Heartfelt Apology

No report No activity Sporadic Local Activity Regional Widespread http://www.w3.weather.com/activities/health/coldandflu/legend.html http://www.w3.weather.com/activities/health/coldandflu/legend.html http://www.w3.weather.com/activities/health/coldandflu/legend.html http://www.w3.weather.com/activities/health/coldandflu/legend.html http://www.w3.weather.com/activities/health/coldandflu/legend.html http://www.w3.weather.com/activities/health/coldandflu/legend.htmlhttp://www.w3.weather.com/activities/health/coldandflu/legend.htmlhttp://www.w3.weather.com/activities/health/coldandflu/legend.htmlhttp://www.w3.weather.com/activities/health/coldandflu/legend.html http://www.w3.weather.com/activities/health/coldandflu/legend.html http://www.w3.weather.com/activities/health/coldandflu/legend.html http://www.w3.weather.com/activities/health/coldandflu/legend.html http://www.w3.weather.com/activities/health/coldandflu/legend.html

Just a short note of apology to my fellow residents of Massachusetts.  Because of my selfish desire for sunshine and warmth, I traveled to Florida during school vacation.  I never even gave a second thought to you poor suckers, ahhh I mean souls, who remained behind in the frigid cold and the never-ending snows of this winter.  Yes, I was one of the lucky ones who managed to escape, even if only for 10 days, from winters firm embrace.  I reveled in Florida's  green grass, flowers in full bloom, warm beach sand,  warm temps of 82- 84 degrees & tall swaying palm trees.   I shamelessly enjoyed every minute of it, never thinking of the consequences.... 

That is, until I realized that we brought home more than just cheesy souveniers from Disney and road side rest stops.  The national influenza map shows that Massachusetts (light orange color) is currently one of the healthiest states in the US.  Up until this week, we have had only local flu activity, while most states (dark brown color) are experiencing widespread flu outbreaks.  Well, no doubt that will soon change, when the upper respiratory flu that we picked up in Florida begins to circulate among the once healthy population of Massachusetts....

And for that I am truly sorry....  

Really my fellow citizens; had I known how much sickness there was in Florida, I would have surely stayed home. :::Ok, ok, so that's not true:::   But if I had my choice, I would have brought you home lots of sunshine instead of the influenza. 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could you???  Just kidding..feel better...JAE

Anonymous said...

uh oh....
lol.
Well, that is one of the reasons how things get from here to there.  but, what can you do :p

There is quite a little epidemic going on where I live, and so far  ::knock on wood:: I haven't gotten it at all. :D

Anonymous said...

How sweet of you to apologize to the residents of Massachusetts. LOL  Hugs, hon. *Barb*

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, so your family are the ones spreading that flu around Massachusetts huh?  Well, don't let it cross the border to Connecticut okay?  I thought we were actually done with flu season, come to find out it has only JUST begun!  AAAAGGHHHH!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Ugghh.  Glad you're 3500 miles away from me.  LOL  

We've all been sick pretty much since December in this household.  We'll all start feeling better, then lo and behold, somebody will catch another bug and we'll all be sick again.  It truly sucks.  

Hope you all are feeling better soon.

Love,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle,
I haven't heard from you in a long time.

I have been so sick with the flu in Ohio!  The flu passed and left a form of Pneumonia that I am dealing with now. It is the pits!

I love Disney World!! Flu and all.

Get better...

Mary Louise of Watching My Sister...Disappear

Anonymous said...

Hey, you really don't need to come pickup your Avon stuff til it has thoroughly left your house!!!  Maybe i should mail it? lol  Glad you had fun. Now back to reality!

Anonymous said...

In Florida, 'health professionals' are saying that it's the people from the North who  are bringing the down the flu....

Anyway, it's rampant down here. Just about everyone is sick.

Be well....and come back soon!

Anonymous said...

p.s. I'm originally from Massachusetts :) and remember what it was like dealing with small children and the flu. Good luck and hopefully the weather will warm up for you, SOON!

Anonymous said...

Yikes...keep it up there in Newburyport.