Day 20, and still recuperating from the flu.... We've all done alot of sleeping the past few weeks, so why am I still tired? The little ones are almost better; they're starting to get into mischief again. I thought I was getting better, but tonight my left ear hurts so bad. Que sera, sera....
Tonight Spencer brought home crickets for his turtles. He brought them in his room and then went to a friends house. About an hour later, I suddenly realized that I could hear chirping coming from underneath my stove. Just as that realization hit me, I saw another one scurrying across the kitchen floor. I went into Spencer's room to see where he had put the crickets. The container that he usually keeps them in was empty. Empty, why? Because there was a huge hole in the corner of the plastic container. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! We currently have 36 large crickets roaming the house. Just as I was typing this paragraph, another one crawled across the rug by my feet and is now chirping from underneath the piano. How in the heck will we catch all these crickets? They remind me of roaches, shit, I hate bugs. Sitting here wondering what the lifespan of a cricket is? Hoping they don't reproduce very quickly.
Not much going on this weekend besides the obvious, cricket hunting. Until most of the crickets are caught, don't think I'll walk around barefoot for awhile. I'm entering a poetry contest and I need to get my poems postmarked by tomorrow. After the post office, we'll bring Mikey for his first real haircut. The last time I brought him, I only let the hairdresser give him a trim. But sadly it's time... After the haircut we're planning on going to an art show near Boston. Should be a good day.
Well, off to pop a few tylenol and hit the hay....
....Still recuperating
12 comments:
sorry you are sick! AND I HATE CRICKETS TOO...we have to feed them to our tarantula!..yuckkkkk
kelly
WEll, I hope that you all recover soon. My area has been hit by something similar ... people just can't seem to recover from their first bout with this virus and it jsut stays with them.
And I must say, enjoy cricket hunting ... I'm almost jealous of you! LO!L
Oh my goodness, 20 days of sickness! I feel so bad for you! Now the crickets! I can't imagine what that is going to be like at night when they all start singing! I hope that things get better soon! Linda
Sounds about as much fun as I'm having! Kid #2 is down with the flu (Yay for Tamiflu!) Kid #1 is in denial about coming down with it, but secretly takes temperature and told me to get Nyquil, Kid #4 c/o chest pain when she breathes, threw up at school and came home from school with a fever. Best friend's grandpa buys her fast food an hr later and kept that down. (Go figure). And Kid #3 is just trying to avoid all of the above.
In the meantime, exterminator shows up to rid us of ants and hopefully mousies- which I hate worse than crickets, tree-trimming guy shows up to whack off overgrown branches and sunroom-guy comes by to pound the crap out of roof trying to replace skylights while I'm on the phone with clients right below! Geez....
Kathy
Twenty days of being sick? That's a long time hon. Hope you get better and quickly too. I hate bugs. Crickets on the loose would drive me crazy. *Barb*
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
Oh, I'm sorry you are still sick.... :-(
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl
..hope all's well soon...i succumbed to the flu in February. Thankfully, wasn't too bad...first time in my life having it, and really hope it was the last!
Awww, that picture of you all is so sweet and yet I understand the utter exhaustion of that picture all too well!!!!! Thank God for our laps huh?! Day 20!!!!! YIKES!!! And, you are planning all sorts of things now too? You had better take it easy woman! No need to get a relapse!! I think you should enter poetry contests! You are very talented! :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa
P.S.: Have fun cricket hunting! I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing they were around my house! Uggghhh!
Sorry to hear you're still sick, hun. Unfortunately, our house has once again been struck by the flu-bug, as well. Parker has been under the weather for 8 days now, and Autumn (lucky girl) just caught the same thing on Thursday. ::sigh:: Now, I'm getting a sore throat and a cough! Ugghh.
As for crickets running around your house...yuck. I hate crickets. Not sure about their life span, but good luck!! <grin>
Love,
Bridgett
Oh man..20 days. I feel for ya. I hope everyone is better really soon.
Catch the crickets!! Yuck!
~heather
oh, what a picture.... feel better. If you use any insecticides in the house don't catch the crickets and give them to the turtles.... you will have to get new ones. judi
I had to scroll back a bit... missed some entries somehow! OMGosh sorry to hear you are still recuperating from the flu. We are too- I'm soooooooo congested still but better than I was. Having to take my asthma inhaler a lot and all that. Happy Cricket catching!!
Lisa
Post a Comment