Monday, March 14, 2005

Six Days 'Til Spring

 

Iceberg, oh iceberg, melt away please....

Float away to some distant sea.

It's been a cold, long winter here

I'm tired of wearing long underwear.

No more wooley mittens, scarves or boots,

Just want to wear my birthday suit.

Throw aside sweats that hide all my faults,

G'bye hot chocolate, I want to drink malts.

Refusing to shovel anymore snow,

Need to feel beach sand between my toes.

Please winter loosen your icy grip,

One more fall and I'll break my hip.

I've asked you nicely, why won't you go?

Quit dragging your feet, don't move so slow.

Iceberg, oh iceberg, melt away please....

Float away to some distant sea.   

written by: Michelle/s0ngbird1962   

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

can you believe Sunday is the first day of Spring???  the nsow here in NY is slowly melting...but not fast enough for me!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

Hope the days past quickly for you. Nothing as beautiful or uplifting as the colors of Spring. Hugs, love and prayers, my friend. *Barb* http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK

Anonymous said...

Here in southeastern Pa. ....sure doesn't feel like spring either!

Anonymous said...

This is too funny! I am looking forward to Spring also, but I know it's not half as much as you all have had to deal with up there!!

Hugs,
Heather

Anonymous said...

I love it!!!  I was thinking that this would be the PERFECT poem for a teacher to read to elementary school kids, especially because they will giggle at the underwear part and the breaking the hip part.  But, I am just basing that on my 9 year old sons reaction to it!  VERY GOOD JOB!!!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love it! I never could write this stuff.  

We always used to celebrate the first day of spring with ICE CREAM!! Even if it was 30degrees and snowing.

Think warm thoughts.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Very cute!  Wish I could write poems.  Never been any good at it.  

Hey...do you remember that IM conversation we had a while back about deer hair in the peanut butter (or something equally disgusting like that).  LOL  I was just thinking about that the other day.  <grin>

Love,
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

I loved this entry and have missed you!!! judi

Anonymous said...

I love your song!!  I feel exactly the same way!!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I wish you sunshine to melt those icebergs!

Anonymous said...

That`s beautiful, Michelle!
V