Why is it that watching a football game can last forever, gotta love those football minutes, but vacations are over so quickly? What makes time fly? As a child, time seemed to go by so slowly. Every milestone seemed like it would take an eternity to reach. As an adult, my life seems to be in fast forward. Here I am at age 42, scratching my head wondering, "how the heck did that happen?" Now I hope that I have enough time to accomplish everything I want to in life.....
Last Thursday evening while on vacation we went to Canobie Lake Park. It had been years since I've been there. I have so many fond memories of going to the park as a child with my parents. Sammi loved the rides, even went on adult rides. The faster they spin, the better. So happy to have a *ride buddy* in the making because Mike gets woozey on the Merry-Go-Round, lol.
Friday morning we went to a near-by state park to go biking. We bought child carriers for the back of our bikes in June, with the intention of riding our bikes more often. Well, you know what they say about good intentions? Hmmm, what do they say about good intentions? In any case, August vacation was the first time we actually took them out for a ride. The highlight of the bike ride was when we stopped at a wading pool area. The pool had a large mushroom waterfall and a turtle that the kids loved riding....
On our last day of vacation we took the boat out to Gloucester. Mike heard that football-sized tuna were being caught there. So after packing a few snacks and drinks we were off. The waters were quite choppy on the way to Gloucester, but the sun was warm and spirits were high. After trolling for awhile off shore, Mike had a hit. He caught a good sized fish that he thought was a football tuna. He put the fish on a line over the side of the boat, and we continued to troll as we talked about how we would cook the tuna. We decided on grilled tuna steaks, yum. About 10 minutes later, Mike pulled up the line to check on his fish and he discovered the fish was gone. The fish had teeth and bit through the line. Score one for the fish, zero for Mike.... Hey at least we got a picture of the fish that got away. Turns out the fish was a bluefish, not very good eating....
Vacation has been over for a week now, back to reality. I almost have all the liquid paper removed from the toddlers legs and feet, the white has faded to a pretty silver. Now if I can just figure out how to get that penny out of my CD player....
7 comments:
Hey, if you figure out how to get the change out of your CD player, let me know! Emma ruined our CD player in the van because she thought it was a "bank" and we have about $4.00 worth of change in there! Your pictures are just great by the way and your children always look so happy!! So, you must be doing something right! I on the other hand, unlike you, can't WAIT for summertime to be over! Not that I will get any peace at all, just that the kids won't be fighting as much because they will be too tired!
Hugs and love, Lisa
I love with what you did with the pictures!!
Sounds like you have had a nice vacation.
What is that with football minutes?? They seem to go on forever...
~Heather
As I've said before, I definitely need a life in slow motion. ::wink, wink:: LOL Glad to hear you're all adjusting to life in non-vacation land. I usually need more rest AFTER my vacations. LOL The kids are just too darned cute! But good luck with that penny. Eeeeek. ::cringe::
Michelle,
I'm loving your journal entries and thank you so very much! I happened on your website by accident, depressed about the fact that at age 41 I'm a step-mom longing to have a child of 'my own.' I'm still in shock that I'm at age 41 -- I still feel at least 29 and years of life ahead. But with the child longing, I believed that it was too late and you've shown me that through all the good, the bad and white out that it's not. Thanks for the doses of reality and joy that will come.
Bless you!
Niaoutlet
Michelle...
I love how you have done your vacation pictures....it looks like you had such a good time!
~Tina
wow, super photos.......my husband just caught a tuna......I'm posting
pics of it tomorrow...... 60lbs!
~jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl
Nice photo art!!! Yes, vacations move like lightening, and work days move like an old woman who has been eating too much cheese, if you get my drift :(
Post a Comment