Today my baby turned two....
I wrote that above sentence about 10 minutes ago, and I couldn't figure out what to say next. My baby turned two... So many feelings surround that thought. I find myself wanting to cling to his babyhood and not let go, because he is my last. I want to remember how it felt to have a life growing inside me, I want to remember how glorious a newborn smells, and the feeling of closeness while holding a baby upon my bosom. Yet, now....with only 2 years past those memories are beginning to fade into the background. Time stops for no one, not even for sentimental mom's who wish that their babies would stay that way for just a little longer.....
One Small Son
Author Unknown
One small hand to hold in yours,
One small face to smile.
One wet kiss as he says "good night"
One small child.
Catch the moment, put it in your heart,
The years too soon will fly.
These are precious moments,
More than money can buy.
Two small arms to hold you tight,
Two small feet to run.
Two small eyes full of love for you,
One small son.
Catch the moment and put it in your heart,
Never let it go....
Save it for the years to come,
When he, too, will know....
One small hand to hold in his,
One small face to smile.
One small kiss and he says "good night"
One small child.
16 comments:
awww.
time does fly, it's wings are swift and silent.
love the poem! my small son is now 3. and yes, those baby days are no longer mine. He is my last. But, I enjoyed it. And I am glad I had it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. and happy birthday to your little guy! :) He is soooo adorable. :)
It is a bitter sweet day when your child does get older. Mine turns 3 in 4 months... and her daddy and I wonder where did the time go! We always look at her when she is doing something, like eating, sleeping, going potty, playing... and say, "remember when she used to fit into our arms?" But it is nice to see them grow up, get personalities and become their own person. You'll have many more days before your 'little one' is actually grown! Congrats on your two beautiful kids... Enjoying them sure looks easy!
Take Care, Hugs,
Jennifer
Awwww... Happy Birthday, Mikey!!!! It's hard, Momma. I know. ::hugs::
That is soo sweet. I know what you mean though, my "baby" is four...
~Heather
Happy birthday Mikey!
Aww...this actually made me cry. Trust me, I know EXACTLY how you feel, Michelle. Time flies....
Give Mikey a birthday kiss for me! I hope he has a very happy 2nd birthday. That picture is absolutely adorable, by the way. =)
Love,
Bridgett
I think your poem should be made into a country song personally, you know, like "Butterfly Kisses" because it made me cry just as much! Happy Birthday Mikey!!!!!!!!
Hugs and love, Lisa
You babies are beautiful! Love the wild head of curls! Happy Birthday to Mikey!
Thank you for stopping by my journal. I appreciate it. And you have awesome children. My (soon to be legally adopted from her dead beat loser "father") daugter will be 2 end of Oct. Notice I didn't say Step daughter. I don't believe in that word.
--Scott
http://journals.aol.com/sekirley/LifeSaver
happy birthday to your son! -=)
Happy Birthday Mikey!!! Your children are gorgeous! Olivia turned 2 in May so I understand how you feel. It's wonderful & sad all at the same time. The poem is very sweet! ~Ann : )
And in a heartbeat, they are grown...I hope your son had a happy birthday. Enjoy every minute!
Happy Birthday Little One..........I felt the same when my little girl just turned 4......she's my baby....my last one.......and she's growing up.......bittersweet...beautiful poem!
~jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl
Happy birthday, Mikey. Before your Mommy knows it you will be a big boy.
That poem brought a tear to my eye and a tug on my heartstrings. My "little boy" is 20 years old and is stationed in Korea in the Air Force. So reading the poem made me picture my little baby at 2 years old with his big brown eyes soaking in everything he saw, and who looked at me like I hung the moon.
I hope the birthday was great....Sure he is a small child now, but he will always be your baby...
~Tina
Absolutely precious!!
I thought I was the only woman crazy enough to relish the feeling of a baby growing inside of me. It's indescribable. It is so wondrous, you totally don't care about the "bad stuff" (kicked ribs, thumping your bladder, etc.), and I wish my babies were still young enough to nurse. It was the epitome of "nurturing." I'll never experience those things again...but I have so many other experiences to look forward to.
Post a Comment