Sunday, January 11, 2004

Warning!!!

Because THIS is what happens. ::::laughing here::::   Thursday my 16 yr old son was clowning around with a friend and stuck half of a rubber bouncing ball to his forehead.  Apparently that lil sucker created quite a suction because he couldn't pull it off.  After about a minute he got the ball to release, but to his horror it left a baseball sized purple hickey in the middle of his forehead.  ::::still laughing here::::  Oh, the reason for his horror?  

He had his semi-formal tonight!  And he has TWO dates for it. Never thought I'd be buying my son make-up, but Max Factor is a wonderful thing.  ::::can't stop laughing:::: I had to teach him how to blend the edges out so people couldn't tell.  The concealer didn't completely hide the hickey, but it definitely toned it down a bit.  And to think I used to fret about a little pimple showing up before a big night out....

See?  It can ALWAYS be worse.....      

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL--What a riot! May I just ask...why in the world was he sticking a half of a rubber ball to his forehead? =) But what a good mommy you are, Michelle. Teaching you SON to put on make-up. I'm sure that was one of your dreams when he was born. =) Great story, Michelle!

xo ~ Bridgett

Anonymous said...

LOL...this is so funny, I cant stop laughing!! poor kid

Anonymous said...

Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Oh my.. .bless his heart!!!!!!! And yours too...

And pardon me while I giggle myself to sleep <G>

Anonymous said...

I was having a bad night until I read your journal, it put a big smile on my face at your poor son's expense though! That is too funny that his first hickey was in the middle of his forehead! Thanks for the laugh!!!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Priceless!

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO....but not at your son..lol. How do kids do these things??? Thanks sweetie...I needed a good laugh today. Meredith

Anonymous said...

Oh, the horrors of high school and unexpected forehead hickeys. tehehe...

Looks like a makeout session took a walk on the wild side! LoL Great photo, great story. Poor kiddo.

But two dates?? Whoa! Little Pimpster! Maybe not such a poor kiddo afterall? tehehe.. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

"Never stick half of a rubber ball to your forehead" LOL i'll make sure and write that one down so i don't forget hehe
priceless !!
pamela

Anonymous said...

This is funny. Bet he was worried about that. John

Anonymous said...

OMG, GIRL! THAT IS HYSTERICAL!!! LoL! Kids do some pretty odd things sometimes! I remember some of the things that I did when I was a teen........ uuhhhh.... I hearby proclaim my 5th amendment right, at this time...

Anonymous said...

That is so funny. I remember doing that when I was in Jr High. Exept I had like, three f them from a little suction cup, all on my face. One on my chin, forhead, and cheeck. And of course, i had to go find my moms makeup and try and fix it. So instaed of three purple things on my face, I had three globs of makeup that were slightly purple from the suction hickies. I know how you feel pall (Though I didn't have to go to a semi like that).

Anonymous said...

This is tooooo funny. Hope it all turned out fine for him.

Anonymous said...

ROFL ::ahem:: Hey Michelle, how'd you know what to do with concealer for a hickey? Hmmm? ::laughing here:: I wouldn't have had a CLUE what to do! ::still laughing here:: Great story. Let's see pics of him with makeup on, in his tux! :)

Anonymous said...

My dad had some sound advice for my brother when it came to hickeys - "Son, just remember, it pays to advertise!"

Anonymous said...

Michelle...He's so cute...no wonder he had two dates.
He should have just drawn a smiley face in the middle!
Tina

Anonymous said...

lol! ahhh to be young and stick rubber suction balls to your head without any thought to the consequences! lol!

Anonymous said...

Well that's one for the photo album, when he get's married....LOL. Smart thinking using makeup to cover the hickey....soooo was this da-ja-vue this hickey thing?....lol....j/kidding!

Anonymous said...

ROTFL!!! Oh that's funny!!!! And something I can finally say never happened to me! LOL!

Gregg

Anonymous said...

::update, update, update::

Did someone just say something?? I swore I could've heard a voice. Hmmm... curious. :P

Anonymous said...

ohhhh, I came back to hear how his sem-formal went....<dissappointed>....lol. j/kidding! Anxious to hear though =)

Anonymous said...

OMG from the look on your son's face he seems to have found the humor in the situation. This is one of the more unique things I've read about! You should write the Max Factor people and tell them how they saved the day! :)

Anonymous said...

LMAO I have had that happen to me once, I was playing with my niece and I stuck the thing on my head, I had to go to work with a purple hickey on my head....lol At least i know now that I wasn't the only one....lol

Anonymous said...

WHen I was in high School I put a glass on my mouth and created enough suction with my mouth to keep it there. When I released it I had Angelina Jolie lips and a giant hickey all around my mouth. I think nifty little tricks like that were the reason I didn't have two dates during high school.

Anonymous said...

OMG, that is too funny. Was just randomly looking through journals and saw that. When I was young REALLY young, around 8 or 9, I did the very same thing w/ one of my sister's toys as she was about 1, it had a suction cup end to stick to her high chair and I stuck it on my forehead...and of course had the same results, a big ole hickey on my forehead. Tell your son not to be ashaimed as he isn't the only one.

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to me Easter 2001.  I was playing with my son and one of his gifts was a small basketball net with suction cups.  About 10pm that night I had it suctioned to my forehead and my water broke.  I birthed my second child with a huge hicky on my forehead, and every new nurse I saw said "Oh yeah, they told me about your head...hahaha."