click to listen to song....
AOL Music: Martina McBride: 'In My Daught...
In my daughter's eyes, I am a hero.
I am strong and wise,
And I know no fear.
But the truth is plain to see,
She was sent to rescue me.
I see who I want to be, in my daughter's eyes.
In my daughter's eyes, everyone is equal,
Darkness turns to light,
And the world is at peace.
This miracle God gave to me,
Gives me strength when I am weak.
I find reason to believe, in my daughter's eyes.
And when she wraps her hand around my finger,
Oh, it puts a smile in my heart.
Everything becomes a little clearer,
I realize what life is all about.
It's hanging on when your heart has had enough,
It's giving more when you feel like giving up.
I've seen the light, it's in my daughter's eyes.
In my daughter's eyes, I can see the future.
A reflection of who I am,
And what will be.
And though she'll grow and some day leave,
Maybe raise a family.
When I'm gone I hope you'll see,
How happy she made me.
For I'll be there, in my daughter's eyes....
19 comments:
Ohh Myyy Goddessss... What a sweet picture...awww. Do you have an audio link to the song? [just checking]
How's the cold weather? Everyone okay? Keeping warm? xo
Oh man, with the week I've had, THIS is exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you!!
That is truly beautiful... the song, the photo, the message is clear. You're a good mother. Awwww... ::huge smiles::
What a beautiful song, Michelle! And that picture is just perfect. =) They don't have a song called, 'In My Son's Eyes' do they? =) Just teasing. This was a lovely entry. Thank you for sharing.
Love,
bridgett
Oh that is beautiful john
A beautiful song and a beautiful daughter, john
WHAT A HEARTWARMING PHOTO. THE SONG IS BEAUTIFUL AND REMINDS ME OF HOW GREATLY A CHILD TOUCHES A MOTHER'S HEART. THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY JOURNAL. "THE REST OF THE STORY." Barbpinion
Absolutely beautiful entry! I love that song too and cry whenever I hear it (I have 2 daughters, 1 son). That one and "Butterfly Kisses" make me run for tissues!
Lisa
Thank you for stopping by my journal and leaving me a comment. You have won the Mountain Air Award from yours truely!! Meredith
Your journal is just wonderful.....cant wait to read more!!
I love this song and Butterfly kisses as well. Lovely entry =)
That is a precious picture. I don't think I've ever heard this song, but I used to like McBride's Valentine. She has a great voice.
Wonderful Pic!!.........You`re soooo Lucky.
Oh boy, that one got to me! As a mother to a little girl
I can relate to every word to that song, and as a daughter
whose own mom passed three years ago, I hope she sees
what she meant to me through Dallis too.
I'm gonna have to buy that CD. It made me cry.
LOve, Penny
Michelle...I am just not a country music girl....but I actually heard this song in passing tonight. I had seen your entry, and so my ears perked up. It was so sweet....and I love your picture!
Tina
Wow the words and song are so touching. How could you not want kids after reading that. It's crazy how you idealize and idolize your parents when your young. How they are almost gods in their eyes. Then it's over in a blink when you refuse to buy them that hot toy at the store. LOL. I love kids and can't wait till I have some.
ahhhh. I so relate..my daughter is 11 and she is still a joy to me. and it's true...she is a reflection of who I am...scary! :) again..you have a knack for writing such wondeful clean poems. loving them!
Babyshark, wish I could take credit for this poem... but alas, it's not mine. I know Martina McBride sings it, am guessing she wrote it also. Although I'm not into country with few exceptions, I do LOVE this song, it speaks to my heart.
Dear Michelle,
This truly is beautiful! Thanks for sharing God's beautiful treasures. God bless you all and may he keep you all safe and warm. Sincerely, Debbie S.
Post a Comment