Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Cabin Fever

preview

Yes, cabin fever has set in.... Small bodies are beginning to bounce off of walls, no sugar needed, and I'm tired of watching kiddie shows.  Sammi actually shut off the TV yesterday and said "no more TV".  Oh, what to do?  The finger paints have turned liquidy, play dough has become too hard, and the Christmas toys are already beginning to feel old because of constant play.   I allowed them to pull all the pillows off the couch, then both babies jumped off the couch into the huge pile. They had a blast & it was hilarious to watch.  The past 3 weeks have been too cold to go outside.  The average highs have been in the teens.  But the temperature actually feels colder because of wind chill factors.  Today it is 18 degrees out and the sky is ominous.  The weatherman predicts a foot of snow to begin falling sometime tonight.  I'll be on the road today with the kids & won't return home until 9:30pm tonight.  Hoping that it holds off until then.... Hate being on the highway with the babies on board during a snowstorm.

It's sad when you look forward going to the Dr's for something to do.  Of course because it's still flu season National Flu Report  I didn't let them out of the stroller.  This bad mom wouldn't let them play with the toys or read the germy books either, lol.  Mikey had his 16 month check-up today.  Not surprisingly he's off the charts.  He is 32 lbs and 35" tall.  Dr, says he's perfect because he's proportionate.  But I already knew that : )~

Well, suppose I should go change the poopy diaper I smell, my eyes are beginning to tear up & check to see if I paid my gas bill last month.  Just received a phone call from the gas company and the computer said "please hold on for a very important message"....then I got disconnected.  I didn't hang-up, I swear, lol. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your jumpy cat gif is hilarious, perfectly sums up this entry. A kid shutting off the tv, who would've thunk? What to do...hmmm, how about playing dress up or making some cookies together?

Sounds like fierce weather out there, be careful and be safe!

Anonymous said...

32 pounds and 35" tall? Holy cow! Parker only weighed 25 pounds at his 18 month check-up! Is Mikey's daddy a big man?

Please be careful driving around in storms! It always makes me nervous to have Parker out in bad weather too. I avoid it if at all possible.

Hugs.
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Oh I wish you could send me some of that snow!! Down here in Texas its the lowest its been ALL wnter....27'. I did get the pleasure of visiting Alaska when my brother was stationed there for 4 years and it was absolutely beautiful.......Deanna

Anonymous said...

YOUR CAT MAKES ME LAUGH, REMINDING ME OF MY CHILDREN WHEN THEY WERE YOUNG, EVERY TIME THEY CAME BACK FROM VISITING "GRANDMA." YEP! THEY WERE JUST LIKE THAT CAT. Barb

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Michelle...
The couch jumping, pillow piling stuff sounds like us in the summer time...
That's when you'll be telling me to hang in....
Tina

Anonymous said...

When James got bored with other things, I would construct a makeshift "tent" with old sheets and two chairs back to back, and drapes the sheet over the two chairs. We would put pillows and blanket, books, a flashlight and other fun items and pretend we were camping. Or make some cookies that the kids can help you with, and decorate them. LOL on the gas company phone call.

Beverly

Anonymous said...

When I'm alone I run around with sissors and jump on the bed.
Mary

Anonymous said...

Ohhh... I know exactly what you mean about cabin fever. I've had to leave the house a few times this week, just for a drive to get some fresh air. It's stiffling.

I hate those automated calls. I always feel like waiting until the person comes on the phone and then asking them to hold. LoL