skip to main |
skip to sidebar
New Year's Eve Adventure....
After work last night (I only worked 4 hours) I came home flung off my nurses uniform and slipped on my comfy nightshirt. I had forgotton I agreed to pick up the Chinese food. Mike called to place our order at 5pm and they told him it would be ready at 9pm. I went to slip on a pair of jeans and they wouldn't fit!! I kept poking at the bulge that wouldn't allow the zipper to zip. Mike thought I was joking, wish I was...lol. Being stubborn I decided that these jeans were going to fit NOW! I finally laid down on the couch and sucked in my gut; success! Oh the pain!! I immediately had to unbutton them. I decided that I wouldn't get out of my nightshirt good cover for the unbuttoned jeans and besides no one would see it under my leather coat,right? Wrong! I got to the restaurant and discovered they were running behind. So I stood in this very long line with about 30 other people who were told to pick up their food at 9pm. I quickly began to feel hot, but I couldn't take off my coat, why did I wear my nightshirt? And what was I thinking squishing my "ate too many goodies" body into these jeans?? And just when I didn't think I could be more uncomfortable, I stretched my foot and suddenly I had a charlie horse cramp in my toes. No bending over in these jeans! After standing there for 40 minutes my name was called.... " Number 940, Sour?" Close enough, lol. Paid for the food and headed home. As soon as I walked in the front door, I yanked off those tight jeans and then proceeded to help devour a poo-poo for 2, egg foo young & lo mein noodles. For dessert, yes, I had dessert, I had a piece of banana cream cake :::burp::: Went down nicely with champagne. So,any guesses what my New Year's resolution is...?
14 comments:
LOL...that sounds like a story you'd read about in a book...like "Bridgett Jone's Diary" or something! Glad you thoroughly enjoyed that Chinese food. =) Happy New Year!
Love,
bridgett
Sounds like you had quite an eventful evening :) Have a wonderful new year!
First time reader (coming back for more),
*Emily
How hilarious!
You can always join the 'FUN' at my Queen Goddess of weight loss journal! LOL, this was funny. As for me, my tight jeans finally fit!!!
Monica
hehe ... Chinese takeout reminds me of home. It seemed to be "the thing" growing up - and I see it still is, out there :) Dang! Now I'm craving it! Sounds yummy - even dessert! Your New Year's resolution ... buy comfy jeans? :P Happy New Year Michelle! xo
LOL-Michelle! I'm there with ya, hon. My husband rofl at me yesterday, as I DEMANDED my butt & gut to fit into my jeans, laid on the bed and managed to zip them up. Then, I had to humbly ask him to help me get up >:( After we got to my brother's house-and 1/2 way through dinner, I wanted to die, I was so uncomfortable.
Omgosh! That is too funny! ~Tara
LOL....Thanks for sharing!!!!
Kate
Too funny. At least you got a good story out of it...
LOL, I loved your story...how we can all relate to this...lol :)
Uhm, no more picking up Chinese in jeans that won't let you breathe? =D
LOL. Cute entry!
lol.. get rid of uncomfortable pants and stick to beautiful cozy sweats! that would be my new years resolution..ha ha.. great entry, loved reading it!
***bling, bling, bling*** Babyshark wins!! LOL, cozy sweats for me...(and ok, maybe less goodies : )
Post a Comment