I wish that you could watch my son
grow up and become a man.
Want to walk along the seashore
holding your hand.
I wish I watched you longer
as you walked across the floor.
I wish that I could tell you...
I love you, once more.
I wish I possessed your shy smile
your quiet, gentle way.
I want to hear your voice once more,
I'd listen to all you say.
I wish I had more pictures of you
to hang where all could see.
But all I have are a precious few,
thank God for memories.
I wish I'd asked you about your past,
how your girlhood days were spent.
Laughing at life, did the years go fast?
Now gone, forever silent....
I wish I had gone to church with you
and prayed to the Lord above.
Grant to me your endless devotion
and unconditional love.
I wish you were here at Christmas time,
your favorite time of year.
Lay baby Jesus in the hay,
with Mary hovering near.
Dear Santa, I wish for one more day
to make these wishes come true.
But life doesn't always give second chances,
....So now I sing to you.
I wish that you could watch my son
grow up and become a man.
Want to walk along the seashore
holding your hand.
I wish I watched you longer
as you walked across the floor.
I wish that I could tell you,
I love you once more.
Wish that I could tell you....
8 comments:
Aww, michelle. Such a bittersweet poem...
That's beautiful. And such a beautiful reminder to live each day as it comes, loving as fully as we can. {{hugs}}
This was beautiful. I'm sitting here with misty eyes. I have my own wishes of course but, this reminds us to love and charish the time we have with those we love.
Monica
lovely poem Michelle, thanks for sharing it with us!
okay...*sniff* tears rolling down my face! and I am not lying! that is soo lovely!! how I miss my grandmother. Thanks for letting me get in touch with that feeling, that feeling of my grandmother...and oh...how I wish.
So touching.. I have tears in my eyes. This is lovely, hon. Really, really beautiful.
Beautiful. Thank YOU so much for sharing this with us.
Kate
IMAGINE BIG BUTCH ME WITH TEARS ROLLING DOWN MY FACE... IT REMINDS ME OF MY MOTHER WHO PASSED IN MAY OF '03. SHE REALLY NEVER KNEW MY SON. THANKYOU FOR SHARING THAT . ~BERLY
Post a Comment