The kids are so excited, Christmas is on the way...
"Hey it's snowing out, can we please go out to play?"
We create snowmen with scarfs and buttons that are black.
Flap arms and legs making snow angels while lying on our backs.
When noses get red it's time for children to go in,
Sweet frothy hot chocolate drip down their chins.
Decorating the Christmas tree, ornaments and lights.
Singing Christmas carols off key, Oh, "Silent Night".
Going to visit Santa Claus, whispering in his ear,
"Dear Santa please bring me.... I've been good this year."
Looking out the window hoping Santa they will spy,
Believing in flying reindeer, never asking why....
Read "Twas The Night Before Christmas" now time for bed.
Listening for jingle bells and Santa's magic sled.
Wake early in the morning, tip toe to the tree.
"Santa's been here!" little voices shout with glee.
Smiling I get up, it's only 5am? :::sigh:::
Oh, the joy of seeing Christmas,
Thru my child's eye....
7 comments:
You've got me smiling today....
Tina
Wow, Great Entry!!!
Kate
Beautiful entry!!! Thanks for sharing with all of us in aol-j land.
Monica
Michelle that was beautiful. If only at times we could see the world as they do. John
wow, that was beautiful. i get to see christmas through my 16mos old eyes and i love it. we get to decorate our tree today and see how long she'll leave it alone.lol
You are AWESOME!!!! I love your poetry. Have you ever thought of publishing? You really should. Or self-publish. Do some research on book binding, get a website, and sell your poem books online. I love it. Oh, the joy of Christmas. :)
This is so beautiful... :o) I'm not sure if I've been here before, but if I haven't - I'M SORRY! What a great journal you have! And your kids are absolutely PRECIOUS! Thanks for visiting me... Talk to you soon! ~Nadine
Post a Comment