Christmas is fast approaching. My television & teenaged son remind me of this fact on a daily basis. His Christmas list changes constantly. A few days ago he was hinting around for a 398.00 MP3 player. When I winced at the price, he chimed in his usual response "but Mom, I'll have it FOREVER." I can't tell you how many forever presents are no longer in his possession. They were either sold to upgrade for a bigger/better model, borrowed by a friend or dropped & broken by his 2 year old sister. That was the fate suffered by his last CD player. (Hey, I told him NOT to leave it on the kitchen table::sigh:: ) Tonight he asked for a Chia Pet. Huh?? Do they still make those? Apparently they do because he really wants one. He'll have it forever...lol.
I'm trying to get in the Christmas Spirit, but I'm just not feeling it yet. Not feeling like Scrooge, but definitely don't have that tra-la-la magic stirring in my soul. Truthfully, I get overwhelmed with the process of trying to find the perfect gift for everybody. And being the procrastinator that I am, I haven't even started shopping. Tonight in an attempt to jumpstart my lagging holiday enthusiasm, I've decorated my journal with a new holiday look. But I couldn't get those darn blinking lights working. Who needs lights anyways? BAHHHHH...humbug?
11 comments:
Michelle, your baby is ADORABLE! As for the Christmas Spirit ... I'm not there YET either! And like YOU, I'm a procrastinator. It will get done in time and I will be in the mood, in time! Let's just enjoy today! Oh, and for the gifts ... they only get MORE expensive as they get older don't they!!
Mon
(Perfect Imperfection)
Thanks Sonen.... that pic was taken last year, but he's just as adorable this year as a 1 year old. He has curly strawberry blond hair, Oh, I'll put up a recent one of him soon, I'm sure....lol.
A $398 mp3 player....wow! That total was what me and my sister got combined, if we were lucky. I dont think kids know how lucky they have it these days. My 5 year old nephew and 2 year old niece have their own tv, vcr, dvd player, x-box, and nintendo 64. Amazing.
:)
chris
Haven't started shopping either and will most certainly be out there on xmas eve with all the other procrastinators (I work better under pressure). I think the reason most mom's get overwhelmed is that they are left to do the bulk of the work, and having additional work is nothing to look forward to. I remain your partner in Scrooge land...
I don't get into the holiday spirit until christmas day, my daughters birthday is Christmas Eve, so I put off the holiday magic until christmas. Then I have a blast! cute little guy up there, all happy and smiley! he's got the spirit!! lol.
I know about those "forever" presents, my son is the same and he's only 10...lol. We spoil him way too much, but then they aren't young forever and he is the only one.....Your son is adorable, and looks like he has all the Christmas spirit! :)
:) the spirit of Christmas will come. Your baby is beautiful. I can't say I am in the spirit or not. I am not sure. Sometimes I try so hard to be in the spirit for those around me I am not sure if it is me or them. /????/ Doesn't make much since. Oh well, relax enjoy your babies, they don't say little long..seems like when we turn around they are not babies anymore, but always MY baby in my heart.
http://journals.aol.com/mw15mw99/ThisandThat/
Kate
Michelle, my belle (sorry, couldn't resist!). Anyway, I have linked your journal because you are a mom of 3 just like me and I totally understand what you are going through each day. Take a look see when you get a minute (yeah, right!): http://journals.aol.com/lisbnjvi/LisasMommyJournal/
Lisa
Just looking at that adorable baby with a santa hat on put a smile on my face, one of Christmas cheer, even!
~ Karyn
Awwwww.. that baby is the cutest!! And I totally understand the whole "I'm not in the Christmas spirit yet" feeling. I said I was going to put up my tree today.. and all I've done is stare stupidly into that closet where the boxes are kept and think to myself, "Do I really wanna do this???" LoL Some years I have it up before Thanksgiving!! This year? Hmmm... next weekend? :P
I think looking at that sweet baby generates a lot of holiday spirit. My holiday spirit is overflowing in my journal. But out here in the real world you'd never know it. I'm like SloMo looking at all of those boxes in the closets and garage is making me want to wait 'til next weekend LOL
Post a Comment