I worked all night Friday and Saturday 7pm -7am. EVERYONE is sick, residents and staff. And as careful as I tried to be, I just know I'll be getting sick too. I was bombarded by too many germs :::sigh::: Ah well, hopefully it will hold off until after Christmas. There's just too much to do to get sick now.....
Yesterday Sammi asked to see Santa Claus. So at 3pm we decided to brave the mall crowds and find him. We found him at the first mall, well sort of. His elves were there and said Santa would be returning in 15 minutes. I decided that we should use that time and do some much needed shopping. Mike just wanted to wait and then shop. Against his better judgement we went shopping. One hour later we went back to see Santa, but his chair was empty. Then we heard a "HO, HO, HO" down the corridor, it was Santa!! We tried to chase him down; me pushing the stroller with Mikey, Mike with Sammi in his arms, but alas, Santa has left the building. Of course I got the "I told you so, Michelle!" But seriously, what Santa leaves a packed mall for the night filled with parents and kids at 5pm? On Christmas week? We decided to leave that mall & go to another. Please Santa be there!
He was! And he was even better than the other one. A real beard and no body padding. Hey, I think I believed he was the real thing... Sammi was so excited at first, but as we inched closer and closer towards Santa, she became nervous. When it was finally our turn, she wouldn't look at him while she sat on his lap. Mikey had no idea who this fat guy in the red suit was, he kept staring at his sister wondering what she was so happy about. When the shock of this IS Santa wore off, she told him her Christmas wish list. "I want new markers, a doggy and a car."
A car? Yup, a car! ...That's my girl!
20 comments:
Soooo precious Michelle!, He does look like the real Santa...lol. You would have never lived it down, if the other Santa wasn't there. I guess sometimes we have to listen to our men, right....hee hee
What darling kids!
Your lucky. I couldn't even get Parker near Santa without a screaming fit. And just last year, he sat on Santa's lap, smiled at him and pulled his beard off. Oh...all the changes a year can bring. =)
bridgett
This entry/picture is ADORABLE! How cute...a CAR!
She is a sweetheart. Glad they got to go see Santa...john
Aim high is my motto. But sad to say she's probably aiming for a Barbie car instead of the Ferrari. ;-) Love the Santa Story! There's a hunky shirtless Santa at the Beverly Center Mall that I missed seeing this year. :-) shucky darn --Robbie
markers, a doggy and a car .. HOW CUTE! Great picture too.
Monica
SANTA LEAVING AT 5:00....GOOD GRIEF>>> All the disappointed kids!!!!! Well, I am so glad there was a Santa at the other mall. A CAR!!!! LOL, Wow!!! I guess they have to start asking for that early. My daughter is still asking for one & she is 20. Great Santa Picture. Your kids are so cute!!!
Kate
Hah, hah, hah! This is what Christmas is all about. Chaos. Excitement. Surprises, both good and bad. Embarassment. And outta-this-world wishes!
Love the picture of Mikey still looking at his sister to see what's what. Heh, heh.
Great Picture!
Thank you for the comment on my journal.
It is hard to write but good therapy for me.
Peggy does like to sing.
On an older entry, I talk about the day she started singing "Amazing Grace" and I sang with her until tears got me!!!
I like your entries and you are a great writer.
I hope you don't get sick!
MaryLouise of Watching my sister disappear
Ohhh... hahahaha! I always love your stories and your pictures. Kids say the greatest things. So, tell me, Mom. Markers should be easy, but do you think Santa will bring her a car this year??? How 'bout that doggy? :P
LOL Slo....Yes, Santa has bought WASHABLE markers, a Wiggles red car & a doggy(stuffed)... We already have a breathing, shedding, eating, pooping one. But she's old and not much fun for the kids....
...once hiked up a mountain only to discover that the lift down stopped at 4pm, just when we got to the top. Too bad santa wasn't there. Smiles and Joy, Jeanne
Oh boy, a car! Santa better deliver, lol.
Happy holidays to you and your family!
Merry Christmas. I hope you all stay healty till after New Years.
At least you can find Santa in multiple malls...do you know how far we have to travel to find Chanukka Sam for Ben and Miriam? LOL
What a cute story! The picture is great too. My child is crying in her Santa picture....I hope your Christmas was wonderful.
Tina
ahhh, but she didn't specify WHAT KIND of car ... Santa can just bring a model car. Or a barbie car. Or a remote control car ... whatever's in the budget!
~ Karyn
very cute pitcure!! my madison wasn't the least bit interested in santa..she wanted the huge teddy bear that was above his head. so she was trying to use poor santa as a stepping stone to get to the bear. they finally had to take her pitcure while she was standing up beside santa in his chair.lol. it actually turned out cute. i have it posted in journal.she is only 17mos old after all.~sigh~ hope your holidays were wonderful. http://journals.aol.com/viarbooba/DONETTASTRAINWRECKOFTHOUGHTS
ahhh. lol...that is too funny! that girl wants independance now! ha! hope your holidays were great!!
Post a Comment