All is fine with Mike, me and the kids.... I can't tell you the number of times something happens and I think, "I've got to write that down in my journal." Yet, my mind and life is currently too cluttered to actually come here and do that.
There was an explanation to that cluttered mind problem I'm experiencing, but tonight I decided to delete that part of the entry.
::::It was here:::::
First time I've ever done that.... For those who commented, thank you. My Mom made mention of that part of the entry, and well, although I'm always happy to hear that someone is reading my journal, I began to feel funny about it. Not because she read it, but because she made a few valid points and so......... that part of the entry is forever gone. Wouldn't it be great to have a delete button in real life? : )
A few recent funnies....
Around Halloween we were in the car talking about bats. Sammi pipes up from the backseat, "I know about bats, they are not turtles." Mike & I paused and said, "Right Sam, they're not turtles." Sammi again says, "Nooooo, they're not turtles!" Again I answered "of course not, they're bats" Then a ::::big sigh:::: from Sammi. And in an exasperated little voice she says...."No, you know animals that only come out at night. They are not turtles." ::::lightbulb goes on:::: "Oooooooooh, nocturnal" : )
We've been fighting colds around here since October. Coughing and snotty noses have become a regular part of life lately. As I was walking Mikey into preschool one morning. I noticed a dry booger on his cheek. When I stopped to try to flick it off, Mikey said, "Mom, don't worry about that. It's just new skin growing."
Now the ironic thing about that is.... Mikey believes that dried boogers on his cheek is new skin. But already he is doubtingthe existence of Santa. What? Yup, it's true. A few weeks ago, Mikey walked up to Mike and said, "Dad, does Santa really come in our house and bring us toys on Christmas?" Mike says, "Of course Mikey. Who do you think did?" Mikey said very matter of factly, "I thought maybe it was you and Mom" Before Mike could even reply, Mikey turned around and walked away.
Speaking of Christmas, can you believe it's only 25 days away? Despite all that's on my mind, the Christmas spirit has hit me early this year. I've been listening to Christmas carols for the past two weeks....
Now if I could just get motivated and start shopping.
8 comments:
Hi Michelle,
Ahhhhh......the X's......they just never quite go away, do they? I understand exactly what you're talking about with, "always letting him off the hook," and "hoping the judge will see through his smoke screen, this time." Why is it that the ex-husbands are always the victim" in the Judges eyes.....could it be that's because most Judges are........male? Hmmmmmmm....I think so, lol. Look, I wish you best and just be "beyond-crazy" prepared with as much paperwork, evidence, dated documents, etc. as you can get your hands on. All of us readers of your journal will do our own little prayers for you and Spencer on December 18th. Don't second guess yourself!
Kathy :)
I wish you luck in court...I am sorry you have to go! I hate court. I have had to deal with family court too many times, and no matter how right you are, it is a nerve-wracking experience. Sometimes, you have to do what's right, though. Hope it goes well for you...Jae
Good luck in Court!! That is just terrible to have to go through. I will be thinking about you. I cannot believe how much your kids have changed since you last posted! WOW! They are getting so big! Why do they all have to do that?! Can't they just be little forever?! Very funny story about the "nocturnal" bat. I have been known to ask Emma 40 times what she is saying until I figure it out myself. Sorry that you are all suffering from colds. That is a long time to not feel well!!! Hope you all are better by Christmas!
Hugs and love,
Lisa
Hello,
You need to pat yourself on the back. You are a hard working, creative -non stop MOM.
Good luck in court -I'll say prayers for your intentions.
Fondly in NY/Janice
as I gather from your comments that are left by the readers you are going to court with your ex. That is very difficult. I've been there got through it. I am still dealing my husband's ex even though his youngest is 20! She was trying to go after the grandkids by babysitting them all day and wrecking them too. Thank God that phase is over. your kids are getting so big and they are so beautiful! good luck!
best regards, Rose~
Well, I guess I missed whatever it was you deleted. Whatever it is, I'm sure you can deal. The first line you wrote was, "All is fine with Mike, me and the kids." That says alot....:)
For the first time in my life I am about ready for Christmas three weeks ahead. I don't know what has gotten into me.
I love your pictures.
I can totally relate to thinking that something needs to be written, and then not actually getting it written.
~Tina
Aww, As always, I'm lovin' the kid's photos!
I'm not sure whether Stephen believes in Santa or not (being nonverbal) but sometimes he looks at us when we're talking about Santa like, "gosh, I can't believe they believe that! But, I'll go along with them because I wouldn't want to disappoint them." ;-P
I missed the entry that you deleted, but I can somewhat gather that you're going to court. ... Been there, done that with my ex. I feel ya. You will be in my thoughts. Prayers and wishes for peace coming your way.
Hoping too that you'll all be well for the Holidays!
Hugs,
Mia
Ahhh, Michelle.
I always love to see alerts from you. Granted, I don't check my journal alerts nearly as much as I should...but you know how that goes.
I've really missed you. And I have to confess, you've been on my mind a lot lately. I don't know what you X'd out of your entry...but maybe I'm mentally empathizing with you? LOL I don't know. All I do know is I often wonder how you're doing and what's happening in your life now.
I just can't get over how big the kids are. I confess...seeing your kids...and mine, it's a little depressing. We don't have babies anymore, Michelle...(especially if they're using words like 'not turtle.' LMAO
That is so funny!
I hope whatever is on your mind resolves. Even more than that, I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas full of heartwarming memories. In fact, I wish that for myself too. haha
Love you, girl.
Bridgett
P.S. Never forget the peanut butter/deer hair story!! ;P
Post a Comment