Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Last Day Of Summer?

Sammi & Mikey fishing at the resevoir July 2006

 

I think the last day of summer this year was Monday, Oct. 9th, 2006.   Was an absolutely perfect day, in the 80's, not a cloud in the sky.  The sky was almost too blue, if that's possible.  The blue was so intense it actually hurt my eyes to stare at it too long.  Just gorgeous.  We went out for a cruise on the boat and packed a picnic lunch.  Something about the ocean just soothes my soul.  I love that I live only 5 minutes away from something that brings me such peace.  Some people go to church to find peace, some climb to the tops of mountains.  Me?  The ocean is my church, my place to go and clear my mind from the clutter of every day life.   After taking a cruise through the marshes and then out to the open ocean, we beached the boat so we could walk on the sand and soak our toes.   At that moment, the only tell-tale sign that summer was turning into autumn was the foliage that lined the shore.   As the sun was about to set, we climbed back in the boat and headed for home.  Maybe we'll get another nice day (one can always hope) but....

I think the last day of summer this year was Monday, Oct 9th, 2006. 

                                         ....I will miss you summer 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful entry about the last day of Summer.  I personally hate the Summer and bid it a fond farewell happily each year.  :)
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I can definitely relate to the ocean thing. I grew up 3 blocks from Lake Michigan (ok, so it's not the ocean, but close enough), and had to have a daily fix. I feel "beachy" and there's none for miles!
At least I got home a couple of weeks ago and spent as much time as I could there.

Fall would be a novelty, too in Texas.

Anonymous said...

Aw, Sammi and Mikey are growing up so fast, it seems! Just a few photos ago, they were tiny toddlers!

Good to see you back, too! I added you to my alerts so I can keep up with you better.

I feel the same way about the beach ... Just love it! I feel the same connection when I visit the mountains.

Y'all take care!

Mia and family~

Anonymous said...

Aww, Cute Pix!
V

Anonymous said...

Sounds glorious!  Although, I have to confess...I love autumn and I tend to be more of a mountain girl than a beach girl.  I guess it's in my genes.  After all, WV is the Mountain State.  :)

I'm so glad to see you back!!!  Sorry I haven't commented more quickly...I just kind of read for awhile and then stop.  I've become addicted to Myspace too, which doesn't help!  LOL

Love ya!
Bridgett

Anonymous said...

I miss summer too.  We have been back to school for two months now and it is so exasperating that I would just like summer to return quickly.  The homework is killing me and I'm not even in school.  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

((((((((((((((((((((((HUGSTOYOU))))))))))))))))))))Just stoping by to get some treats.lol.But no tricks.lol.Have a nice night.

trick or Treat Through J-land

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture....and nice words to match.....:)

My feelings about summer passing are so different than yours.  I hope that October 9 was really the last day of it!  I am so excited for that Autumn feeling to return....but I know we have opposite winters coming....

~Tina