October 2005
I just love that picture up there.... Mikey is wearing his underwear backwards, not to mention that they are at least 3 sizes too big. But as you can tell, Mikey doesn't care and Sammi seems oblivious to his fashion faux paux. Apparently the underwear were on sale, and Grammy couldn't pass up a good bargain.
Since starting preschool in September, Sammi has caught every germ going down the pike. I knew it was to be expected being her first time exposed to so many kids at once. Hoping her immune system gets tough soon, because I'm truly wondering if the financial burden and constant sickness is worth the benefits. Last Thurs. it appeared that she was coming down with another cold/fever. By the weekend she developed a deep cough, a "from the toes" cough. Yesterday I brought her to the Dr's., I suspected worse. I was right....
Sammi has pneumonia. They didn't hospitalize her because despite all, she's still pretty peppy. Started her on antibiotics and watching. She looks/sounds awful this morning, her color is off.... But she's eating and drinking a little, so that's good. I'll call tomorrow if she appears worse. My poor little girl, she's such a trooper; not complaining at all.
Speaking of complaining.... I'm putting one in to Mother Nature. What happened to one of my favorite months? October went by with hardly a day to truly enjoy the season. Rain, rain, rain. Today we are having a nor'easter. Good bye to all the beautiful foliage.. Feeling the affects of what's left over from Wilma, plus a few other weather systems. We are experiencing wind gusts 60+mph and it's raining, again.
Parts of NH are already getting snow, I just know it won't be long before Ole Man Winter is knocking on our front door. I'm sooooooo not ready for winter, please stay away a little longer. It's bad enough that the stores are already reminding me of your impending arrival by putting out their Christmas merchandise. I even heard the Mormon Tabernacle choir singing "Do You Hear What I Hear?" on TV the other night. No, no, I won't listen to that now.
:::Quickly turning the channel::: to "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." Aaaaaah yes, all is alright in my world....
Well, almost....
17 comments:
LOL!
great picture!
I hope it's framed somewhere in the house.
your kids could model...they really could. they are gorgeous!
I remember that you do not like winter :(
but, it's a comin'.....
sigh.
Such happy faces! Thank you for sharing, Shana
What a precious picture. Makes me want to reach out and hug them. Hope Sammi gets to feeling better SOON>
big hugs,
Barb-http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/HEYLETSTALK
http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY
Hehehehehehe, Mikey`s underware! Precious!
V
Your kids just get cuter as they go along....:)
Sorry about your October....I love the fall too, but where I am, it just keeps getting better for awhile.
~Tina
praying Sammie gets well soon...my Jenna was hospitalized with double "p-ammonia" 2 years ago....nasty stuff!
Becky
That is a precious picture of them. I can hardly believe how much they've grown since we've 'known' each other. And hey, Mikey will grow into those big-boy Yu-Gi-Ohs. ;)
So sorry to hear Sammi has pneumonia. Nasty illness. Hope she feels better fast!
I heard about all that weather you're getting. My mom said the same thing about October being her favorite month and it's being wiped away as we type (or earlier). And my former college campus got snow today. No thank you!! I'm sorry but I'm so happy to NOT be there right now.
Stay warm. Get Sammi well. xo
My kids watched Charlie Brown tonight. They watched it on video 5 times last week too but told me that it's "cooler to watch it on actual t.v.". Ooookay. I never could watch Charlie Brown, isn't that weird. I felt way too sorry for him and it upset me more than it entertained me. Sensitive soul I am yep. I hear ya' about October being sucky this year! We haven't even gotten to go leaf peepin', they are all going to be on the ground! And, I can see why Mikey wanted to wear his underwear that way, he couldn't see Yu-Gi-oh if it was on the back Mom! Duh! LOL! Emma's lung doc actually ADVISED me NOT to send Emma to school until next year so her lungs could strengthen before being assaulted with all the nasty germs they get in school. I listened and am happy I did. I remember oh too well how many days my other two missed with various colds, flus, viruses and pneumonia. Hope Sammi feels better really soon. Pneumonia is WICKED scary!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa
Great picture!
I hope Sammi feels better soon! Poor little gal.
Oh man, keep an eye on that pneumonia!! Courtney was really in big trouble when she got it!! It was awful. Bad, bad high fever and had to have emergency xrays which of course she was screeching and upset with that whole process. Then a big shot to cure it and all. We were back and forth from hospital to doc office like for a whole day. Luckily though we caught it in time and I know it saved her life. So glad you went to the doctor. We were really having trouble getting the fever down. It was shooting sky high on her. Hugs and thanks for sharing the photo. That is too cute!! Aaron wore his backwards too!
Lisa
wow, by the time she hits first grade sammi should be all set on the germ front!
I agree! It's way too soon! We are lucky here in boring Illinois we actually have beautiful color dispite our drought. Your kids are adorable! thanks for sharing! rose~
You have two of the cutest toddlers I know...
I am sorry to hear Sammi is getting so many bugs. I have went through the same thing...
Hugs,
Heather
OH NO! Poor Sammi. Pneumonia? That's really terrible. I hope she's feeling better really soon. Poor little thing.
But you're right...that picture is a classic! Hey, at least he's potty trained!! There's something to be said for that.
And yes...October has been a bit of a disappointment for me as well. The trees have barely changed color here. It stinks. Winter...BLAH!
xo,
BRIDGETT
Your children are beautiful!! Hope Sammi feels better real soon.
Melody
Hah!!! I love that photo!!! Those two are just adorable! I hope Sammi is feeling better and cough-free soon.
Man, Y'all are having some weird weather up there! :-/
hugs!
Mia~
I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture of the kids!!! They look so happy and beautiful!
Post a Comment