Friday, October 7, 2005

Two Years Ago Today

Today is my journal's birthday....  

I started this journal 2 years ago.  I remember the trepadition I felt inside when writing my first entry.  I was unsure about how I felt, knowing other's could read about my private thoughts, poems & life that I chose to share here.   I worried that I had nothing to say, or worse, would maybe say too much.   All those feelings are gone now.  I'm happy about the way my journal has evolved....     

I make copies of all my journal entries and put them in a box.  My hopes are that someday my children, grandchildren and even great grandchildren will enjoy reading these entries.   I know that even in the chaotic moments that is sometimes my life, that these days are truly the best of times.  Times that I always want to remember, that I want them to remember....

Happy 2nd birthday dear journal, may your words endure forever... 

 

Quote of the day: "There may be no more pleasing picture in the world than that of a child peering into a book--the past and the future entrancing each other..." ~~Roger Rosenblau  

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed your journal and watching your beautiful children since I found it.  Happy Birthday!
Candace

Anonymous said...

Having read your journal practically from the start, I must say, it's been an honor watching your kids grow up.  But holy cow, Michelle...I didn't realize they'd gotten THAT big.  <grin>  

They definitely don't look like babies anymore, do they?  

Happy 2nd Birthday, Journal.  


Love,
b

Anonymous said...

WOW!  Look how much your children have changed already!!  I love being a part of their lives through J-land.  HAPPY 2nd YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!
Hugs and love,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your journal for the last two years, and I can tell you from the bottom of my heart that I love it!  I look forward to getting my alert telling me there is a new entry.  Keep up the good work.  What a treasure your family will have in the future to be able to read what you have written years ago!

Melody

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to make copies of all your entries!!  I think I'm going to do the same!!  Happy Birthday to your journaling and keep on!!  I always enjoy my stops to visit your corner!!  Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Yay!  Happy 2nd birthday dear journal!  Thank God for your contribution to this community - and to my life.  Seeing the kids' pictures side-by-side like that really puts things into perspective.  It's exciting watching your family grow.  Thank you for bringing us along.  xo

Anonymous said...

Hey, i'm still here.....i can still use my journal, so when you gonna add me back to your list???? lol

Anonymous said...

I know that I am late for the festivites ;) , but I wanted to say a Happy Birthday to your journal...

Ironically, I was thinking about you today. I don't know if you know this, but you are the very first journal I ever read. I sat that one Sunday, rainy day and read from the beginning, well, until today.

The kids sure have gotten big! They are so cute. I know that you are proud!

~Heather