::::Donning my red wig & little red dress and singing:::::
"The sun'll come out
Tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar
That tomorrow
There'll be sun!
Just thinkin' about
Tomorrow
Clears away the cobwebs,
And the sorrow
'Til there's none"
Oh yeah! Told you I felt a song comin' on. Welcome back sunshine, you were sorely missed around these parts. Ten days was too long.
Lots has gone wrong this weekend (our old dog bit Mikey on the hand when he touched her food and I lost my car keys, resulting in not being able to attend two much anticpated parties). For Sammi, the worst was not being able to go to a wedding party at her dance school. Her instructor was married a few weeks ago and she had a party so all the little girls could see her wedding gown & try on the veil. Sammi got completely dressed up in her dance outfit (complete with fairy wings and a pink fuzzy tiara), and I couldn't find my keys. To say she had a fit, would be putting it mild. She actually grabbed her coat and said, "I'm outta here...." Of course when I opened the door to let her go, she broke down in tears. Her tears rivaled the raindrops that still fell outside. Sorry just didn't cut it this time. Today we are most likely going to miss my nephew's birthday party I'll give the house another search, but I've lost hope in finding them. Oh, and if you're wondering where my spare key is? It's on Mikes keychain and he's been in Albany NY all weekend. Oh well, what can I do?
I know.... We'll go outside and enjoy the sunshine. It's very windy here today, gusts up to 50mph. But hey, I won't have to push the kids so much on the swings, lol. Yes, even with the bad luck I've experienced this weekend.... I'm cheered by the sun.
:::still singing that song::::
"Tomorrow, tomorrow,
I love ya tomorrow...
You're always a day away...."
7 comments:
Hmmm...okay, where was the last place you had them??
Isn't that what everybody always asks?? LOL
Poor Sammi...I can't believe she said, "I'm outta here." <grin>
Too cute.
Glad you're getting some sunshine!
XO,
bridgett
{{Sammi and Michelle}} I'm so sorry to hear she missed the party. I am sure your keys will turn up somewhere unusual...I once found mine in the deep freezer. Fried the battery of my keyless entry doo-hickey...or should I say froze it. {{hugs}}
We were all so excited to see the fun FINALLY come out yesterday that we all stood in the window and said "WOW, it's the sun!!!!". Hmmmm, wonder where those keys went. I would ask the little ones if I were you.
Hugs and love,
Lisa
I once lost my keys for two weeks! It was awful. I did find them between the sofa cushions. (and I KNOW I checked there a hundred times)
I hope that you find them soon. I thought about y'all when I saw the weather reports. Hope all is back to normal soon.
Mia ~
Ack. Total nightmare. Non-stop rain. Kids trapped indoors. No car to escape. Yikes.
Um, why did your dog bite someone and only get a little mention in parentheses? That's kind of a big deal...isn't it? Sorry, my hackles went up.
Yay for sun. Geez 10 days is like, 10 days too long. I'm all for a good overnight rain storm. But leave the days sunny and clear. Am I right?
Hi Michelle,
I haven't been getting these alerts for some reason! I've missed you! Awww, sorry to hear about the lost keys.
Lisa
Ho...What a downer of a weekend!
I hope this week brings sunshine for you!
Mary Louise of Watching my sister
Post a Comment