Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Only Two More Days

Only two more days and we are off to Florida.  Yes, the countdown begins....  I should stop counting and start packing.  I haven't done a thing....  I'm a true procrastinator, it drives me crazy, lol.  The last time we visited Florida, Sammi was only 7 months old. :::see picture above:::  Feels good to be going back, 'tis time.  We'll be visiting my parents, who are snowbirds; my brother Danny and his family; and my favorite Aunt and Uncle.   Oh, and of course we'll be visiting Mickey Mouse.... 

The house is buzzing with excitement, everyone has been counting the days.  Sammi has been X'ing the days off on the calendar until *Mickey Mouse*.  We haven't gone on a real vacation in about 3 years, so it's much needed and long overdue.  We are driving 1,302 miles to Florida.  Should be interesting with the two little ones, hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst.   :::Wonder if anyone would notice two carseats strapped to the top of the van?:::  Hoping the trip down isn't too bad, because if it is, we'll really dread the 1,302 miles back to New England, lol....

Ah, well no negative thoughts here.  I really do think we'll have a great time.  That is if I ever get my butt in gear and start packing.  Be back on the 28th, with lots of pictures and stories to tell.....

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you're going to have a blast!!  The weather down this way is perfect too.  Beautiful and spring-like.  You guys be safe!  Remember lots of snacks for the drive, coloring books, hidden dollar store cheapy toys for when they get bored, and TRASH bags!!  Have fun!!  :D

Anonymous said...

Wow... Sounds like a blast!!  Good luck with the kiddos in the car... Just bring plenty of things for munchies and movies.... Have a great time and be careful!
~Jennifer~
http://journals.aol.com/perkysgrl/APickleForYourThoughts

PS. Tell Mickey Mouse I say Hello :)

Anonymous said...

OMG!  It's actually happening this year for you.  Yay!  I remember last year. :(  Can't wait to read all about it.  Have fun.  Be safe.  I'm so excited for you.  Will you go to Epcott?  MGM?  Ohhh a vacation sounds so great.  Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Michelle......have a great time!!  My in-laws live down there year round and they love it. They live less than an hour from Disney World.  It was great when we were there Dec/Jan 2003-2004.  It was a great way to bring in the New Year.  We spent New Year's day in Disney World.  I'd do it again in a heart beat.  My husband kept saying....."and why do we live in Pennsylvania?"  Have a SAFE trip!
Hugs,
Gina
http://journals.aol.com/motoxmom72/ginasweigtlossjourney

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Anonymous said...

great photo...have a wonderful time in Florida!

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl  

Anonymous said...

whining...take me with you!!  Iam freezing here in NY take me with you!!!  and I will help you strap the car seats onthe roof of the van!!!  and I promise to be very veryquiet!!!!
Becky

Anonymous said...

It's funny to see Sammi without all the hair!  She's beautiful anyway....of course....

I hope you are having a great time!!!  I'm looking forward to your coming entries and pics...

~Tina

Anonymous said...

Hope you are now here in Florida having a great vacation!!  I love living here except this time of year the mold and allergens are high.  We are all suffering from sinus things going on.  Chest congestion.  Coughing.  Weather is beautiful though!  

By now I am late getting around to journal entries so I had to scroll back a few to see how things have been going and I realized you are probably here visiting the mouse and I am so glad that at least someone in journal land is on vacation!  You deserve it!  Hope the trip is smooth!  I know it's a long drive because we make the trek to home back in Ohio about every year or so.  It's a long one.  971 miles and I know you have further to go to get to New England!  DRIVE SAFE!
Hugs,
Lisa