Sunday, February 6, 2005

Chicken Wings and Commercials....

                                                                                      

I've been wanting to put in a new entry, but AOL has some sort of glitch right now.  For some reason I can't add pictures from Hometown.  Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!  It's so frustrating.  Hopefully they'll fix the problem soon....

Today is the Super Bowl.  I have my chinese chicken wings marinating and ready to go in the oven, my pasta salad with chicken & fruit chilling in the fridge.  Oh yes, the Super Bowl is all about the food (and commercials) to me.  We're also having meatballs and nacho's, and for those more health conscious; a veggie platter complete with jalapeno peppers..... For dessert we bought mini belgian cream puffs, delicious!  I've already eaten a few of those, shhhhhhhhhhh......

Mike thought it would be fun to have some friends over for a Super Bowl party, I thought it would be fun too.  That is, until I realized he wasn't going to be around this weekend to help prepare for the party.  Yesterday prior committments kept him away until 10pm, and now he is at another meeting that he couldn't get out of.  Trying to clean the house is almost impossible with the two little ones under-foot.  Of course, they want to help.... but unfortunately their help usually means more work for me.  I have decided that I will just have to accept that my house won't be it's usual *clean-the-house-extra-good because guests are coming over*....

Well, off to at least make my bathroom sparkle....  Then I think I'll put on my $5.99 Patriots t-shirt from the drugstore, pop open a Bass ale and wait for the company to arrive....

"Go silly in Philly, stuff those birds in Jacksonville."  GO PATS!  

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was rooting for the Patriots and glad they won. Hubby wanted the Eagles to win. LOL.   Hugs. *Barb* http://journals.aol.com/barbpinion/THERESTOFTHESTORY

Anonymous said...

I just read that the Patriots won, Woo-hoo I guess huh?!  Hee-hee!  Can you tell I don't watch football?!  I would have enjoyed all of your food though!  Sounded Delicious!!!  YUMMY!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh, this glitch with the picture uploads is driving me crazy.... so glad that Sheila reminded us we could do it the other way. Hang in there! judi

Anonymous said...

Michelle---Ummmmm...Congrats to those in Patriot Nation.  I was rooting for my Eagles to win.  McNabb blew that game along with poor coaching.  I had Teriyaki Shrimp, Bar-B-Que Wings, Nachos and football shaped Go Eagles cake.  We had other snack items too.  We stayed in since hubby's lungs couldn't handle a smoke filled bar.  Check out my entry when you get a chance.  Have a great day!
http://journals.aol.com/motoxmom72/GinasWeigtLossJourney

Gina

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for putting that entry in my journal......

To quote you: "Patriots VS Eagles, 2006.  Same time, same bat channel...."
OK....I'm game for a re-match.  But you know how unpredictable the NFL is.  I sure hope it won't be 86 years here....I won't see it Michelle.  Hey...if you ever treck down from Patriot Nation to the City of Brotherly Love let me know.  I'd like to meet you some day to jaw about football over a cup of java.  LOL!!  Have a great day!!

Gina

Anonymous said...

Aol does that every once in a while... yea... it get annoying!

~Steph~

Anonymous said...

We had three people here watching the game (well I was here but didn't watch it) and we enough food and snacks to feed the entire neighborhood. It IS all about the food! (esp when your team sucks and never gets to play in the Superbowl).

Candace

Anonymous said...

Great entry!!!  I know... cleaning with little ones is really tough.  We try to do this every Saturday only we don't get the party afterwards.  Must be why mine don't want to help and yours do. : )  Cute graphics and food sounds delicious!!  
Hugs,
Lisa