Thursday, February 10, 2005

Bad News, Good News....

Bad News:  This morning Mikey (who's just starting to potty train) came to me and said, "Mom, I have to pee bad".   Bleary eyed from sleep, I rushed him to the bathroom.  As I was helping to take off his sleeper, I realized too late that it was more than pee.  In fact, somehow the poop in his pull-up made a u-turn and covered the inside of his sleeper, and my hand.  To make things worse, he had corn last night for supper.  Why can't our bodies digest corn correctly? Gross....

Good News:  The poop on my hands made my hygeine much better than usual.  Every time I thought about it, I had to go scrub & disinfect my hands again.  Thank you Purell.  The other upside was I've had no problems keeping to my diet today..... 

Bad News:  Last night torrential rains began to fall, the storm is not supposed to pass until sometime tomorrow afternoon.  Although usually one would think rain is better than snow (you don't have to shovel rain), this is not the case.  With still a foot of snow on the ground and the earth frozen solid, the rain has no place to go.  Except in my basement.  Since last night a steady stream of water has been pouring in....

Good News:  At 5pm today, the rain turned to snow.  The stream of water into the basement has finally stopped.  We are expected to get about 6" of new snow, but no problems here.  We picked up our snowblower (that broke in the last blizzard) last Friday.  And anyone who doesn't like snow?  You can blame this storm on my hubby.  After we picked up the newly repaired snowblower he said, "I hope we get at least one more good storm so I can try it out..."

Bad News:  Anyone who is a regular reader of my journal knows that my two little ones are mischievous, truly partners in crime.  Although I have child-proofed my house to the best of my ability, they ALWAYS find something to get into.  Yesterday morning they asked to go play in their room.  Happy that I could watch my show on TV,  I let them go play.  All was going well until they became too quiet....  As I entered their room Sammi came running up to me.  "Mommy, Mikey has Daddy's marker."  There stood Mikey with a permanent black sharpie, the cap was loosely on.  I took a quick look around, and I couldn't see any writing.  Relieved that I caught them in time, I took the marker and put it out of reach.  However, later that day I realized that I didn't inspect close enough.  As I was walking into their bedroom I noticed graffiti on the doorframe.  (See above picture).

Good News:  When I saw the graffiti, I called Sammi over.  As I showed Sammi I said, "Are you sure Mikey was the one with Daddy's marker?"  Knowing I busted her and she'd have to confess, I waited for her answer.  After a long pause, she sweetly looked up at me with her big brown eyes and said.....

"Mom, I loooooooooove you."....

I couldn't help but smile and tell her I love her too.  And after a talk about not writing on the walls; I was truly impressed that she wrote her name & she's only 3 years old.  She amazes me....  In the future, someone should tell her that when you write graffiti, you shouldn't autograph it, lol. 

Bad News:  Bills.....

Good News:  We received our tax refund check in the mail on Tuesday. Woohoo!!  In eight more days, Florida here we come.  And, oh yeah....  Maybe we'll pay a few bills too.  : )

             ©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©©

Quote for today: "It's not what happens to you, it's what you do about it."     ~~W. Mitchell

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, lots of stuff going on!  But, of course there is, always.

I am impressed she can write her name too, wow!  I think my almost four year old can draw a circle.  and he can play a real mean game of Zelda on our Nintendo Gamecube, lol!

and, YUK!!! about the corn thing....ugh.  I know exactly what your talking about. :p

Anonymous said...

You should see MY walls from all the graffiti I have all over them by Emma!  She also found a permanent marker one time and wrote all over the walls.  Tip of the day:  Paint, even with primer, does NOT cover the permanent marker!  It may look nice the day you do it, but the perm marker ends up "leaking" through over the next few days.  Sigh!  I think that's INCREDIBLE that Sammi knows how to sign her name already!  WOW!  And, don't you love when they know they did something wrong and can just say the right thing where you can't be mad at them?!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

whew, alot going on but good to see some good amongst the bad...hang in there....~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

Anonymous said...

LOL  What a great entry.  A day in the life of a true Mommy.  LOL on your graffiti artist.  Writing her name - she's a little genius!!!  Oops.. I mean, what a naughty thing!  Naughty, naughty, naughty.  I hope you punished her good.  tehehehe... congrats on the refund check.  How the heck did you get it so fast??  Whew!!

Anonymous said...

Hello I liked your journal.  Here are the links to my journals and my homepage.  Have a Nice day. - Mel  
                               
http://journals.aol.com/jillsislam1/AWrinkleinTimeII and
http://journals.aol.com/jillsislam1/SocietyHaven
and my homepage is http://hometown.aol.com/jillsislam1/index.html

Anonymous said...

Too bad that the thing I relate to best here is that corn thing!!!  LOL

Actually I relate to a whole lot more of it than that....we have graffiti and bills as well....

Great entry!  

~Tina

Anonymous said...

ROFL!  Autographed graffiti that she was trying to pawn off as her brother's.  Now THAT'S a genius!!  Great recap.  I am still giggling over here.  Those two are just too cute.

Anonymous said...

I can't help but smile at the 'graffitti'. Over 25 years ago, while visiting my aunt in Massachusetts, my son, then two, decided her white, white door was the perfect canvas on which to write his name....

She (my favorite aunt) was so gracious :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, you just know you're a mom when your toddler writes on the walls and you are happy enough with what she did that you photograph it!!