Ok, I've never tried this before, so hoping it works.... My first animation.
Sunday we finally brought the kids for their first haircut.... I was unsure how they would handle it, because combing hair around here can sometimes be a nightmare. Both of them have ALOT of hair. Mikey's is so thick and curly, that the only time I can get a comb/brush through it is right after washing and conditioning. Whenever we bring Mikey out in public, people always come up to us and comment about how beautiful his hair is. I honestly don't think he's ever gone out with us, without someone coming over and touching his thick curly hair.
We both didn't want to cut his hair, ...never even trimmed it. Amazingly, Mike was more resistant to cutting his hair, than I. But the time had come. His hair when wet went to his mid-back, and in the past few months more than a few people have mistaken him for a girl. I've never taken offense, but I suppose it's time for him to look like a boy again....
When we got to the hairdressers, I was having second thoughts. I wanted to turn on my heel and run out of the salon. Sammi sat in the chair first. The hairdresser shaped Sammi's hair and put in some layers, it came out incredibly cute. Sammi sat in that high chair and exclaimed, "I feel like a princess"....Too bad we didn't bring her wand, lol. Then it was Mikey's turn. He was a bit more unsure about the whole thing, but for being only two he did remarkably well. A bit fidgety, but he managed to smile through most of it. He had 2" taken off, yes, the curls STAY! This Mom is not ready for the close to the scalp, part on the side look. Maybe by the time he's in kindergarten.....
As you can see in the above animation, Sammi and Mikey's awesome adventure at the hairdressers went off without any tears, well, maybe one or two from Mom....
Quote of the day: "Count your smiles instead of your tears; Count your courage instead of your fears." ~~Annonymous
19 comments:
wow! great animation!! I haven't tried this yet....
my son LOVES to get his haircut, so he enjoyed this little animation of sammi and Mikey's :D
I had caleb's haircut done yesterday...by me. Trying to save some money.
poor kid.
lol!
Michelle, they are just too adorable! And I love the animation!
Great pics!! I can't believe how much hair they both have. One of these days, I'm going to have to take my little monster to get her hair cut. She really needs her bangs trimmed again, and I've even been putting that off because she's such a wiggle worm!
Great animations... Your kiddos are just too adorable!! I love their hair too...
And don't worry about shedding a few tears... I did the first time my daughter had her bangs trimmed! And that was just only a few months ago... lol. She isn't lucky like Sammi and Mikey to have such awesome hair...
Thanks for sharing,
~Jennifer~
I can definitely relate to the curly-hair syndrome! All 4 of mine have hair like that, but my 18-yr old's is the worst (best?). She's finally learned to like it. We kept it in a little 'fro when she was 3, but it's waistlength now. And yes, everyone felt obligated to touch it. Drove her nuts.
Kathy
Awwww, your animation did work and it came out great!! How happy they both look getting their hair cut! You are definately a lucky Mom to have two children that happy getting their first haircuts! WOW! I know all about having children with curly hair (not my son though, just my 2 daughters). And, when my daughter was little EVERYONE would come over and touch her hair! Emma's is now down to her butt when it's wet and then it springs up when it's dry. People don't understand that even though curly hair looks nice, it is a NIGHTMARE for us parents!!!! :)
Hugs and love, Lisa
Your Kids are SOO cute and look like they are having a good time getting a hair cut. Your animation works GREAT!! I don't even know how to do that. I guess I didn't even know it was possible.
Have a Great Day!!!
Kate~
awww.... I loved this, thanks for sharing. judi
The kids look adorable and the animation is fantastic. Thanks so much for sharing Michelle. I am facing a first hair cut here soon.
Terri
I love the animation. I have a picture in my journal today of Riley with her new haircut, but it is not as exciting as this entry.. :)
That curly hair is just so beautiful!
~Tina
Oh, those beautiful curls! Hope you saved a lock or two.
Your kids are so cute! I think I would have had a hard time parting with the curls too.
Candace ~
I know exactly when Mikey's curls will be shorn...about one hour after you have screaming fits with him because you can't comb them. At least that was my own experience with my daughter. Once we had to fight about hair brushing, that's when the scissors came out.
Very cute pics!!
I have never seen an animation like yours in another journal. It's fabulous to watch. They look like they had a wonderful time. They are adorable!!!
Great memories!! I was just like you taking pictures of their first haircuts!! These are the most precious memories those firsts!!! And how they grow up so fast-- that part I don't like, except when mine graduated from diapers-whew what a relief! I've learned to do hair at home as my mother in law gave me a nice hair cutting set a few years ago. It was kinda scary at first- I honestly had no idea of what I was doing!! Made a few mistakes for a while there. I related well to the curls on Mikey: my Nicholas was always so cute people thought he was a girl baby for his first 6 months of life. You did really good on that animation!! I hope to learn to do music and backgrounds soon!!
Hugs,
Lisa In Florida,
http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida
cute! love how you did the slideshow like that!!! ~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl
Great job with the animation!
And, awwwww - how cute!
Love the animation, good job! You gonna share HOW???/ What Program???
~ Karyn
The animation is AWESOME!!! And those kids of yours are just too precious. I especially love the photo of Mikey with his afro. tehehe... too cute!! I love the curls and have always wished one or both of my kids would have them, but alas, it was not to be. They both have straight as a stick hair, except Jacy, who has a little natural curl in the back -- just enough to look tangled, not really to curl. LOL Glad the kids got through their first haircut unscathed. I can't believe you actually made it two years without a cut! I think Elijah had to have his first hair cut when he was 11 months old! Sheesh!! LOL
Post a Comment