Well, electricity and satellite all still here. Hmmmm, did I just jinx myself? Knocking on wood.... Anyways, woke up this morning and all I can say is INCREDIBLE!! I have not seen a snowstorm like this since I was a teen. (The blizzard of '78, they cancelled school for a week.) The snow is coming down at 4" every 25 minutes....we are in the heaviest ban. We already have almost 3 feet, and are expected to get at least a foot more. The storm will rage until sometime this afternoon....
I can barely see out my windows, not only because the snow is creating white-out conditions, but because the drifts are piled high against them. I could see Spencer's car in the driveway ....well, sort of. The only thing showing on his car is the top of the roof. He's supposed to go to work at 10am this morning, I don't think so.... The roads are not plowed and many of the highways are closed. High tide will be around noon and they are expecting the seas to rise 25 to 30 feet.... Although we are only 5 minutes from the ocean, we are protected by the cove. I heard this morning that there will possibly be evacuations because of the astronomical high tides that are expected. Mother nature is truly awesome. Not sure that we'll get to watch the Patriots beat the Steeler's on TV this evening, but not complaining. We already have the best show on earth going on, ....right outside our window.
Can't wait to go outside and take pictures!
**Update: Just wanted to share one of my pics. Here's a picture of our truck, or what you can see of it... The blizzard dumped almost 4 feet of snow on us. School is cancelled tomorrow much to Spencer's sorrow, NOT!
10 comments:
Can't wait to see them! JAE
Man, you guys did get hit more than us here!! 3 feet?!?! WOW! AWESOME! So, no school tomorrow I would think, no? And, Patriots beating the Steelers huh? Shhhhhhh, my husband mind have heard that! LOL!
Hugs and love, Lisa
Michelle! That is so totally cool! I remember the Blizzard of '78 from when I lived in Needham and your pictures look similar! We had drifts that entirely covered our front door!
BE SAFE! Keep warm! And I hope you're ready for some snuggle-up weather!
Thanks for sharing & I LOVE the new, winter, look/feel to your blog.
Shana
Michelle....great pic! I love the silence after a snow fall. Then I suck it up and grab the nearest shovel....LOL!! Not this time, though. I have a nasty respiratory infection. My 13 yr old did it with his friends....<VBG>!! What state are you in? GO EAGLES!!!
That snow looks beautiful! Haven't seen a blizzard like that in a long while! I was born in Minnesota and we had some doozies there... a few in Ohio when I was about 9-10 maybe 12 years old!! Hope you are all safe n snug and hope no one had to go to work or school!!!! Those were the very best snowdays!! Hugs,
Lisa
Michelle....I also wanted to say I love that SNOW tag and snowball throwing snowman! Too Cute!!
You left me a comment in my journal regarding the Super Bowl. You asked me if you would still be allowed to view my journal since you are a PATS fan. You leave me with no choice.......I've gotta DENY YOU ACCESS!! LOL! Just kidding! The records are 0-0 for both teams. Best of luck to both teams!!
I can't believe how upbeat you sound. :D I think that's great!
Mother nature sure has been pounding us over the last month.
all around the world.
don't loose the little ones those snow drifts! lol.
sending warm cozy thoughts :)
that photo is amazing! wow 4 feet! We got about a foot here....have fun shoveling, looks like you'll be doing lots of it!! ~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl
You know, ever since we got a bit of snow on Christmas Eve, I've been thinking how nice it would be to have snow all the time. But looking at these photos, I'm re-thinking that. LOL I hope you have plenty of bread and milk. Doesn't look like you'll be going anywhere anytime soon. Eeek!! tehehe..
Man, that is one-big-snow! I love it when we get snow, but I would freak if I looked out of my window and saw this! We had a blizzard in 93 that was devastating to us, Alabamians. :)
God bless you guys up there!
Love
Mia
Post a Comment