It's after 2am, what the heck am I still doing up?? I really have nothing to write about tonight, so I'll begin typing and see what happens..... Click here ~!> escape to leave if bored. OK, ok....so the link doesn't work, lol, you're stuck. : )
The tsunami got me thinking about how quickly life can change. I can't fathom the horror and my heart aches every time I see pictures of the devastation on TV. Tomorrow is promised to no one, but I think we tend to forget that until tragedy happens. Sometimes you never get another chance to say "I forgive" or "I love you". It's a New Year, a new beginning, and I have someone that I need to say those words to. "I forgive you, please forgive me. And I love you...." I'm not sure things will ever be the same between us again, but I'm hoping those words will at least begin to heal the rift between us. I fear finding the courage to say those words will be harder than sticking to my New Year's resolution to diet.
On a lighter note.... I was looking at my Christmas pictures and came across some pictures about change. One of Sammi's favorite presents was a dress up box filled with clothes, sparkly rings, bangles, hats, and high heeled shoes that are five sizes too big... The first picture shows her just opening up the box, the second picture was taken shortly after. Pre-school to *I'll NEVER let her walk out of the house dressed like that, no matter how old she is*....
The next picture is of our beloved snowman. On Monday he was over five feet tall, but after a few days of rain and temps in the 50's, today poor Frosty is now a little white lump. I hear we are supposed to get a winter storm on Thursday, so maybe we can resurrect ole Frosty then. Change, gotta love it. ~~Like we have a choice....
Quote of the day: "If nothing ever changed, there'd be no butterflies..." ~Unknown
13 comments:
Very nice entry...great reminder...Sammi is adorable! JAE
Right on the mark quote. Lovely entry, especially the pics. Hugs. *Barb*
The Tsunami disaster is almost unbearable to read about or watch on television. What little I've been able to offer, by way of donation and prayer, seems so insigificant in wake of the overwhelming NEED. I don't know what else has to happen before more people wake up and realize how precious life is. ::sigh::
Jacy has the same dress-up box. She and Sammi would have a fine old time together, dressing up like little old ladies and street prostitutes. Or maybe little old lady prostitutes? Hmmm... LOL
What??? You know it's true!! tehehe...
It's been snowing in this part of Connecticut all day and the weathermen are saying it isn't stopping until some time tomorrow NIGHT! So, I think your chances of making another Frosty are pretty darned good! Great pics of your daughter and the snowman (well, at least the before of the snowman). :)
Hugs and love, Lisa
Oh, I LOVE the pic of Sammi all dressed up! Just too cute... But I know what you mean about never leaving the house looking like that :D My Little Princess got a trunk full of Princess dress up clothes, and loves them too...
Have a great week!
~Jennifer~
Terrific post, wonderful pictures. Carlea has the dresses too and loves them.
Hey... did you ever say the words?-
Cute pictures...and I love the quote. Riley is just starting to learn about dress up...she is really into hats right now...
LOL on the link not working, and being stuck!!
~Tina
I have a picture of my 3 year old daughter dressed up in play clothes too, she looked so cute. now she's 12 and I mention once in awhile...."aren't those pants a little tight?" and she's like " uh, yea" like...duh, mom. :p
change...sigh...yeah, what can we do about it?
I hope your apology works...
too funny your link that wasn't really a link....so we all stuck around, but we would have anyway! LOL....Happy new year to you!
~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl
Hi Michelle, thoughy i would let you know how i look forward to your entries and pictures of the kids, They are so precious and Spencer is so handsome. You should start writing u have what it takes! Love You Aunt Claire
Thanks for that quote. judi
iT'S MIDNIGHT HERE AND i'M READING YOUR CUTE JOURNAL i'VE BEEN READING IT FOR ABOUT 4 MONTHS THANKS FOR SHARING. i'LL SEEN YOU MINE dEBI
GREAT ENTRY!! First of all, those pictures are the most darling ever!! Way cute outfits and is that the snowman melted I see there? How cool!! I remember that from our life in the north --but it seems kind of far and long ago right at the moment even though we're only going on our 3rd yr in the south. We have been having hot weather in the afternoons and today all of a sudden it got chilly part of the day. Love the quote of the day and by the way, yes, life is so... full of changes and that tsunami thing sure is one of those tragedies that is just too weird and awful!
Lisa
http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/
Post a Comment