Christmas is coming,
I haven't bought a thing.
No time to hum along,
As Yule-tide caroler's sing.
Stockings not yet hung,
By the chimney with care.
Lights still in boxes,
The tree bough's sadly bare....
Poem in progress...Written by Michelle S. aka s0ngbird1962
I can't believe there are only 21 days left before Christmas. Seems that the time that separates Thanksgiving and Christmas is becoming smaller and smaller. My days between the two holidays are a blur....
Every year I tell myself that I will shop earlier, that I won't save all the wrapping until Christmas eve. Yet, once again, it appears that my procrastination mode is on course. I haven't even begun shopping yet. Arghhhhhhh! I want to be organized in my next life....
I just tossed my pumpkins, took down my scarecrow and put the remains of the Thanksgiving turkey out to the curb last night. Need to deck the halls, the kids are so excited. This is the first year that Sammi truly believes.... Oh, the magic of Christmas when experienced once again thru a child's eye. Yesterday she asked me to help her write a letter to Santa Claus....
Dear Santa,
Happy Christmas! I've been a good girl, so please come to visit.
I would like a magic talking kitchen, a talking vacuum, markers,
paints and a beautiful dress. You can bring Mikey a spanking....
:::laughing::: Yes, that is what she said. That's my girl, always thinking of her baby brother. Hmmm, I bet that Mikey would probably prefer the customary lump of coal instead. At least he would have fun, as he smeared black streaks around the house.
Well, it's off to mail that letter to the North Pole today. Thinking we'll need to send it Fed-Ex so it'll reach Santa in time....
9 comments:
Awwww, that letter to Santa was too cute! My kids never wrote a letter to Santa for some reason. They are funny though, they think if you "pray" to Santa you will get what you want! Hee-hee! Guess they figure they saw others praying for people to get well, to get a job, etc., so why not pray to Santa right?! Love your poem so far, you can finish that maybe by Valentines Day! :)
Hugs and love, Lisa
Your children are beautiful!
Candace
You sound Excited!!
V
Loved the letter to Santa. Too Cute! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday season.
I absolutely LOVE your family picture....
The poem is great too...LOL
~Tina
Gosh, how fun. Parker hasn't really gotten into the Christmas thing yet. And if he asked to write a letter to Santa, I think I'd fall over. LOL He'll get there though...eventually.
We're still trying to get Christmas shopping done. Too bad we have no money. <grin> That always tends to make things a bit difficult.
Hang in there, Michelle. (That picture is great, by the way).
Love you,
Bridgett
Just remember to add "washable" in front of the word markers. Nah, the REAL Santa already knows. Unlike some fake replacement santa like in your next entry. :)
Love the photo and the poem!!1
~JerseyGirl
Don't you know?? You can mail letters to Santa even the night before Christmas! They still get there! It's MAGIC! Now, mind you, you might not get what you want under the Christmas tree, but it will still earn you an "I.O.U" from the big man himself. LOL [How's THAT for procrastination!! tehehehe...]
Post a Comment