Wednesday, December 22, 2004

On The 7th Day Before Christmas

Yup, on the 7th day before Christmas, my true love made our computer crashhhhhhhhhhh. Would have preferred the *seven swans a-swimming.* ::smile:::

It crashed so bad that we couldn't even boot up at all.  When we turned the computer on, we got a blue screen with a warning saying, "shut down NOW".   The computer had been sluggish, so Mike decided to run spybot.  When he tried to delete some of the spyware that it detected, the computer crashed.  Apparently the spyware had attached itself to some system files.   $100.00 later, we have our computer back....  A bit pricey, but the guy was quick and I've got to admit it's running the nuts right now....  Feels great to be back. 

Because of the crash our Christmas cards have been delayed.  We couldn't access our photo's or the Christmas card list.  Hoping to get them in the mail tomorrow....  It's been so busy that I haven't missed the computer as much as I normally would.  Last minute shopping, (need to finish tomorrow) & lots of wrapping left to do.  I also made five new Christmas stockings that came out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.  Those sewing lessons paid off, lol.

Well, Mike is home from shopping and I suppose we should go do our elf-ly duties.  Anyone else HATE wrapping?  Argggggghhhhhhhhhhh....... 

 

Quote of the day:  Christmas is a time when you get homesick - even when you're home.  ~Carol Nelson

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can TOTALLY relate to the system crash. Ours was so messed up, even Comp USA couldn't do anything with the hard drive-had to leave it in and add a new one, plus Webroot Spysweeper.  You got off easy for 100.00. Finally threw in the towel and got a new computer for Christmas. We were having to run the scan every 15min or so, frequent freezing, etc.

The picture's a cutie, but you left out your big kid.

Merry Christmas ,
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays Monsty....  We are thinking of buying a new computer sometime in the near future, too.  They have such great deals out on them right now....  And hey, my BIG child is in that pic, he's holding the babies...  : )

Anonymous said...

Lesson learned -- back up your computer!!  Sure, this time you were lucky and your stuff was saved. But when I think about all my digital pictures that are in my computer but not on paper, I cringe at the thought of losing them.  I swear, I need to send a reminder to back up weekly.  

Anonymous said...

BTW, did you PhotoShop that picture or did Mikey's stain magically disappear??  LOL

Anonymous said...

I hate to wrap!!!  (raising hand over here!)  I have 3 seperate piles in the basement for each of my children just waiting for me to wrap.  Problem is, the kids are home tomorrow with me all day, so when the heck do I make an excuse to escape to the basement?!  And, no, I am not getting up at the crack of dawn to do it -- too cold in that basement!  Hee-hee!  Glad your computer is back up and running again!  Love the Christmas picture!
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Oh, I`m happy you`re Bacccck!
V

Anonymous said...

What a great pic!! I hope your family had a great holiday  : )
Tracie

Anonymous said...

Oh, man ... reminds me that I need to run the spy detect thingy more often. Darnit, I hate that happened to you. But glad you are up and running again. Not near as bad as your last crash which took you away from us for much longer.

Hope you guys had a merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Better late than never!! Happy  Holidays!

~JerseyGirl

Anonymous said...

thinking of you today!!! judi