Friday, December 17, 2004

Isn't It Ironic?

Isn't it ironic?

That the "Ho, Ho, Heyyyyy...." Santa doesn't appear to be that bad in photo's.  ~~Trust me he was....

And the stain on Mikey's shirt that I thought, "wasn't sooooo bad" looks absolutely awful in the picture.  Of course the drool down the front doesn't help matters.

Well, the Christmas tree is up and decorated.  It's quite beautiful in the dark and I was pretty good about resisting the urge to make the tree look perfect.  I think I only moved two decorations to another *safer* location.  I let the other decorations remain where the little ones hung them.  Spencer was bumming because he couldn't find his favorite ornament.  It's a 12-days of Christmas calendar ornament from Hallmark.  Anyone have one they want to sell?  Doubt I'll find another one in the store, it was about 14 years old.  Mikey has literally fallen into the tree twice.  The last time he landed in the tree; he got wrapped up in the lights, garland, had a branch stuck in his curls and a blue glass ball ornament hanging from the collar of his shirt.  Truly picture worthy, but I had to save the tree.... I mean, save Mikey.  :::smile:::

Christmas cards still need to be sent and lots of shopping to do.  I'm working the night shift all weekend, so I doubt we'll get back to the stores until Monday night.  I woke up early this morning and felt panic-stricken.   So much to do and so little time to do it.  Arggggggggghhhhh.... Such is the life of a procrastinator. 

Well, Mikey just walked up to me and said, "I'm hungry Mommy"....  Guess I should go feed him, because as he was saying that he was sucking on a tampax.  :::laughing too hard here:::   Oh, where IS that camera when ya need it?

 

Quote of the day:   There's nothing sadder in this world than to awake Christmas morning and not be a child.   --Erma Bombeck

 

  

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry your santa was a bit pathetic....
and the stain on Mikey shirt showed...
but, next year....you'll laugh about it.  right?
:D
I got four christmas cards out, and for me...that's fabulous!

lol about the tampax!!  :D
Happy Holidays!
love the quote btw

Anonymous said...

The tampax lollipop is tooooo funny! Something else to hide out of reach! The list is endless.....

Anonymous said...

You know, Sammi and Mikey look enough alike to be twins!  And goodness...they are SO CUTE.  

I'm so glad your kids had a fun time decorating the tree.  Parker loves the tree and all the lights.  But his favorite is the train that encircles the tree.  He giggles every time.  

Give Spencer a belated birthday hug for me!

Love,
bridgett

Anonymous said...

Oh those children of yours!  They have me laughing in every single entry!  The sucking on the tampax was priceless!  You should walk around all day long with a camera and just snap away!  I am sure we would all get enjoyment out of the pics you did get!  :)
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

A tampax??? OMG!!  Quick, give him another one, and quick, grab the camera.  We have to see this!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are priceless !
Candace

Anonymous said...

great Erma quote............... your holiday sounds as though it will be wonderful. judi

Anonymous said...

HUH?!...YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO SUCK ON A TAMPAX?!...

Anonymous said...

Awww... love the photo of the three of them in Santa hats - stain or no stain.  It's just adorable.  Your kiddos have the greatest smiles.  ROFL on the tampax!!!!  OMG.. I'm practically crying here.  LOL  Feed that boy, Momma!!  [And hide the tampons!!  :P]

Anonymous said...

love the photos!!!!  Happy  Holidays!

~JerseyGirl