'Tis the season for ghost stories....
Do you believe in ghosts? I do now.
While on vacation July 2003 in Quebec Canada , I had an incredible dream. But even now I doubt that this was just a dream. I truly believe that my deceased Memere visited me....
After a tiring day of sightseeing, we decided to get room service and settle the toddler's down for bed. Not an easy task when away from our usual routine. When the toddler's finally fell asleep, Mike and I turned on the TV and collapsed in our own bed. Exhausted, I immediately drifted off to sleep....
I was having my typical dreamless dreams, when suddenly a vision of light appeared before me. The light was swirling and when it stopped, I looked closer. It was my Memere, years younger and wearing a strange gown, but it was Memere. I immediately fell at her feet and began crying, not crying because I was sad, but out of pure joy. She placed her hand on my shoulder and said, "My Michelle, please don't cry..." I turned around to tell Mike that my Memere was here, but I realized he was asleep and I couldn't wake him. And so we began talking....
This dream/visit inspired this poem. I wrote the poem one week after her visit when the images and words were still strong in my memory....
The Visit
My dead Memere visited me,
It wasn't a dream, but was it reality?
She was wearing a red and blue satin gown,
Not her usual colors of rose or brown.
The trim of her gown shimmered in gold,
Memere looked younger, no longer old.
Draped on her head was a cloth of red,
"Memere, you are here! You're not dead..."
I bowed before her feet and began to cry.
"My Michelle, please don't cry," she said with a sigh.
We began to talk about my life,
I told her I was now someone else's wife.
"Oh Memere, I wish you could see the babies,
Their names are Mikey and Little Sammi."
"I've seen them they're beautiful" she said with a nod.
"They both are a blessing, a gift from our God."
Memere's image suddenly became faint,
"Wait Memere, ...are you a Saint?"
She laughed at my question and softly said "no,"
"But I am with the Saints, now I must go..."
I've pondered this visit, what could it mean,
Was Memere here to warn me or to comfort me?
Whatever the reason, I'll always believe,
My dead Memere visited me....
It wasn't a dream, but was it reality?
Written by: Michelle S. aka s0ngbird1962
For the past year, I have wondered why she visited me. The other day after a particularly crazy day here with the kids, her words from my dream suddenly came to me. "They both are a blessing, a gift from our God."
Yes Memere, the reason for your visit is now clear. Life is a gift from our God, and though our days may not always be perfect, one should always remember our blessings....
I will always remember Memere, always.... Come again to visit, anytime.
13 comments:
What a precious entry. I always tell my children, " Don't forget where you were when the blessings fell." Hugs. *Barb*
Michelle...I remember you writing about this before. I believe you could have had more than just a dream...the visit could also be a blessing and a gift from God...
~Tina
Michelle, That was so powerful!! And I can't help thinking about something that John Edwards (the Psychic Medium) once said on one of his shows: When you have a dream that you can remember every little detail about, that is when it is a visit. Even now, over a year later you can recall what she was wearing, and what she said. I have had plenty of these dreams and they are gift's from God also, just a little reminder that He is there and you are never alone, your Memere still loves you just as she did when she was here and she misses you, too. And she sees the babies and loves them also. I am so happy that you got a visit. And maybe you're remembering Memere's visit to let you know that with everything that has been happening lately that has been bringing you down, will get better. I hope so.
What a wonderful picture.... I envision that's the way memere is holding those children in heaven...... having her arms around them and loving them... she loved you so very much... and how she must love your children too.....
Michele,
I believe our minds comfort us when we need it most. We seek approval or the need for our grandmothers to KNOW our lives and our new family members.
When my dearest NANA passed, I drempt of her each and every night for 6 months. It got to the point where -I longed to go to sleep so we could be together. My family was envious of my dreams, bur looked forward to NANA'S insight.
It is such a wonderful experience and I truly think you had a visit. I am happy you wrote it down and shared. Many people don't tell -let alone share with others.
Always include your dreams to your children too. The smaller children have beautiful experiences too. Cherish the moments.
Peace, Janice
Oh, I got goosebumps with this entry! I too believe in "ghosts" or spirits as I call them and you were truly blessed to have a visit from your Memere. Lucky, lucky you! :)
Hugs and love, Lisa
P.S.: Beautiful poem.
That is a great story. How wonderful for you she visited and you got to talk.
Hugs,
Heather
Awww.. what a touching story, Michelle. I have a strange story about my Granny too. About a week before we found out that she had liver cancer, the disease that would claim her life just a few months later, I was in my office at work and I smelled the strangest smell. I asked my boss if she smelled it and she said no, but I told her then it smelled like my grandmother. It was the same, soft, sweet smell of her lotion and the way her hair always smelled. I wonder a lot why that happened - Was it a warning of some kind? Was it just a coincidence? Was it a premonition? I find those things hard to believe, but it's certainly difficult to deny when it happens, right? What I would have taken from your dream, more than anything else, is that your Memere was OK. She wanted you to know that she was always with you and your children. And whether it was a dream or not, I believe that's probably true. :)
This is very touching. Your poem is beautiful.
I love reading stories like this. So inspiring, so hopeful. How wonderful that your beloved Memere came to visit you and remind you of the joys right in front of you. thank you for sharing this!
~JerseyGirl
I believe...
I'm glad you got to visit with your memere...
Thank you Memere. I believe.....................
http://journals.aol.com/candace636/BetterThenKickingtheDog/entries/874
Candace
Oh Michelle! This was such a comforting read! SloMo told me about this, and I wanted to read it. Yes, I very-very much believe she was visiting you. :)
Take care!
Mia
Post a Comment