Lot's going on, yet, I feel like I'm stuck in a rut....bored even. Not sure how that's possible with the teen and two toddler's driving me crazy most days. But as Mike says, it's a short drive, lol. To combat some of the routine in my life, I've been trying to get involved with different things. I signed the toddler's up for a Kid Krafts Program and last Friday we went to our first class.
Upon arriving to the class, we could hear a child crying. Ok, to be expected for a class that is designed for 2 and 3 year olds. Even so, I was glad that the only available table was the one away from the crying child. Well, this boy (who is 3) cried through the two crafts we made. Mom's began to not-so-discreetly make their way over to my table, in an attempt to escape this childs excessive whining/crying. One Mom and her little boy left, I suspect because of *crying boy*. His Mom seemed oblivious, she just sat there smiling while trying to appease him. His crying finally stopped at story time.... The instructor even commented, "Oh, so now you're happy." But that lasted only a few minutes....
The little boy saw a stamp pad and asked what it was for. He was told that after the story she would stamp everyone's hands with little shapes. What? This child, wait? Not!! He started crying. So the instructor ended up giving him his hand stamp early, but he still wasn't happy .... he continued to whine through the story. He totally disrupted the entire hour and I couldn't believe his Mom didn't remove him. Hello, McFly?? Get a clue!! I hope he isn't there next week....
I've been craving some *me* time, so I signed myself up for a sewing course. Last Christmas, while having a Martha Stewart moment, I asked Mike for a sewing machine. Well, I quickly learned that I was definitely sewing-challenged. Trying to read a pattern was like trying to interpret a foreign language. I'm really enjoying my sewing class, I'm finding that making something gives me a feeling of accomplishment. The first thing I made were those pink pajama's in the pic above. Now I'm working on a table runner, and after that, I plan on making some pj's for Mikey.
Yesterday Spencer got his license. The thought of having him drive on the road gives me anxiety, but what can I do? I've got to let him grow up. His paternal Grandfather gave him his old 1995 buick with 150,000 miles on it. The car looks immaculate and runs great. He's a lucky kid.... We still need to register it and get Spencer some insurance. Luckily he has a job, because I'm positive that insuring a teen boy will not be cheap. Mike thinks he's too young to have his own car, I think I'd rather have him driving his own car than driving (and possibly) wrecking ours. Oh, the joys of parenthood....
Miffy is adjusting well to her new life in the kitchen. In her old life, she used to live outside in a hutch. Now in her new life, she lives in a kitchen in front of a hutch....lol.. Sammi adores her...
Sleep issues continue here, although it seems to be getting a bit better lately. They've both been going to sleep in their beds, but by early morning we usually have one or both of them crawling into our bed. Too many people and not enough bed. I'm trying to convince Mike into getting a king-sized mattress. The problem is, our bedroom is too small to accomodate such a luxury. There'd be no room for walking... But who needs to walk around in a bedroom?
....I just need some sleep
Quote Of The Day: When we tire of well-worn ways, we seek for new. This restless craving in the souls of men spurs them to climb, and to seek the mountain view.
-- Ella Wheeler Wilcox
13 comments:
It's to bad the mother with the crying boy just didn't take him home. She probably hears this all the time and just tunes it out! She should have thought how miserable it might be making the other children and their mothers. I look forward to your postings! Every time I see one I get excited.
Is that your oldest son? I was just thinking about you and how little we know about Spencer. He is a handsome young man.
You just may have inspired me to take a sewing class. I asked for a sewing machine a few years ago and have yet to thread the thing. It's just too complicated.
Yep, after fighting the losing battle, that mom should have taken her child home. But what really gets my goat is that the instructor gave in to his whining and broke the rules and stamped his hand. That just reinforces the "if you cry, you get what you want" concept to all the little lads and lassies in the class.
The PJs look great!! My mom is an expert seamstress, but I'm totally clueless. We have an arrangement in our household. She does my hemming for free and I do her typing for free. :)
Who knows - maybe "El Whino" had a rough night. But I'vd noticed after working pediatrics for 3yrs, whiney kids usually have whiney parents. Kinda makes you thankful for your own kids, doesn't it?
I've also got kids 2 and 3 chomping at the bit for drivers licenses. Maybe if homework/swimteam/drillteam ever let up I can actually get them behined the wheel! At this rate, they'll be out of college before they drive - Mom's taxi is in business for life.
Kathy
And I hope you get some sleep. I remember our kids wanting to crawl into bed with my husband and me. It got old real quick. lol Hugs. *Barb*
Hey, the table looks great in your kitchen. Love the center piece. I'll have to come see it in person! lol
The pajamas look cute!
That parent should have removed her child..and he should def. not have gotten his hand stamp early. Talk about positively reinforcing his behavior!
Did Sammi and Mikey enjoy the class regardless?
I really admire you. A driving teenager and toddlers. You should get an award for patience.
The sewing thing sounds great and the pjs are cute. I learned a long time ago I am REALLY sewing challenged. I just assumed all mother's can sew. They all can but me.
I can understand Mother's who are oblivious to their own childs crying and disrupting other's. The funny thing is, they are usually the ones to complain first about other children.
Many hugs,
Heather
I say buy the darned king-sized bed! We bought this house only because the master bedroom would fit our bed in AND two bureaus! Woo-hoo! I have a bed full of children at all times so I know what it's like, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I was wondering where you had gotten to since I hadn't seen you post in awhile, and now I know why!! PHEW!!! Good job on the sewing! I can't read those patterns either and honestly think they were designed by NASA! Hee-hee!
Hugs and love, Lisa
LOL. I couldn't help chuckling about the crying child. though, my child most likely wouldn't be crying, he would most certainly be whining, wanting to do everyting he wasn't aloud to do. :p
I get bored too, even if life is filled with things to DO. but, things I don't want to DO! ya know? I would LOVE to join a painting class or something else on the more 'creative line' . Who knows.
I enyoyed your entry, your entries always make me say...ahhhhh. I'm not alone. :D
I thought I was the only one to use the term "McFly!" for numbnuts... Regarding the child, I've been there with one of mine -- or both twins if we fly. It's horrible on the parent, but it is easier on others if they see the parent is actively doing something to try to curb the kid. In this case, she could've removed him it sounds and chose not to do it. Still, I'd pray for the little boy before going to the next Kid Kraft Program. Pray for peace, harmony, and the Holy Spirit to come over him. Have you already prayed for patience for yourself? LOL! You know that means God will give you a situation like this -- challenging -- to increase your opportunity to express PATIENCE! LOL! I'll pray for him and you too. Shana
Wonderful photo montage! And Congrats to your Spencer for getting his license! Way to go! My older daughter takes the test for hers next month! (17 in NJ)
~JerseyGirl
Yea, Spencer!
V
Post a Comment