Sammi and Mikey dressed to march in the Halloween Parade. They LOVED it.
Seems lately I've only been able to write in my journal once a week. Life has been busy as we enjoy the last few weeks of Autumn.
This week our lives have been filled with....
Trips to the farm, chasing ducks, climbing atop of mountains of pumpkins, hot apple cider donuts, stuffing scarecrows, carving jack-o-lanterns, raking & jumping in piles of leaves, sewing classes, toddler craft classes, marching in the Halloween Parade, going to a magic show, baking peanutbutter cookies, trying to find crickets that escaped from Spencer's painted turtle tank, tomorrow we trick-or-treat, and oh....of course still smiling about the Red Sox winning the World Series....
Today there was a *rolling rally* in Boston to celebrate the Red Sox long awaited victory. Four million fans were expected to turn out to cheer them on. I thought about going for about one second. Then reality hit me, trying to keep track of the two toddler's in our small town, population 4,000 is difficult enough. Besides large crowds tend to suffocate me, so we watched on TV.
The weather here in New England is getting colder. Our first frost should arrive anytime soon. The last of the wildflowers will wilt and my colorful world will soon be brown. Alas, winter is coming.....
However, I am comforted by one thought. This year we won't be alone in our arctic misery. I know that, because ever since I was little I've heard people say, "The Red Sox will win the World Series when hell freezes over...." :::looking down::: Anyone need mittens and a shovel?
Today'sQuote: I'll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween. ~Author Unknown
14 comments:
Hee-hee! You are too funny about hell freezing over! It's all I have heard about this week!!!! The kids look absolutely ADORABLE in their costumes!!!! Have a Happy and Safe Halloween over your way!!!!
Hugs and love, Lisa
LOL! your too funny.
and those costumes are soooo CUTE!!!
Did you make those yourself! Wow.
They look like there having fun as well, and your fall activities are like..."hey! I want to go too!"
fabulous.
once a week is just fine, as long as I get you ATLEAST once a week. :p
You are one busy lady!
I love those costumes!
Hugs,
heather
Their costumes are sooooo precious. This is the first year that not one of my kids went out...boo hoo...I hope you all have fun!
Awww, too cute! I only seem to be writing once, maybe twice a week too! Life takes over and this is the nicest time of year!
Love the quote too! LOL
~JerseyGirl
Awwe, they are so cute. I'm so happy you all enjoyed the season so much.
I think it's awesome when life is so good and busy, that it's hard to find time to write. Your kids are so cute....those chickens are really fun....
~Tina
Those costumes are great...but they can't beat the smiles on those cute little faces!
Candace
Wonderful picture... thinking of you! judi
Love the nudist colony quote!! ROFL!! And the costumes. OMG.. they're too cute!!! I love original costumes like that. Every year, I say I'm going to search the internet early and find something unique. But time always gets away from me. I bet they were a HUGE hit on Halloween night! :D
How precious! I love the pictures! Great costumes! Shana
I absolutely LOVE those costumes! Where did you find them? I thought Parker looked adorable as a little red devil, but I have to say, I think your kids take the cake! LOL
Love,
Bridgett
Awww ... precious. A Halloween Parade - sounds fun. I miss those fun things we did as kids. Great closing quote.
Michelle. thank u for ur site, readin about your children and the things they do brings back precious memories of when my son was that age. and you never fail to bring a sparkle of sunshine and sometimes i laugh till i cry. You are truly a wonderful Mom and Wife and you are truly blessed. Happy Holidays!!!!!
Post a Comment