Yesterday I had such an irritating day. I was irritated because the toddlers would act up the moment the phone rang, I was irritated because the car in front of me drove too slow, or because the car that drove by my house went too fast. I was irritated when I went grocery shopping and had no place to put the groceries because we have a brand new toilet for Mike's Mom in the back of our van. I was irritated that I forgot that darn toilet was there and bought soooo many groceries. I was irritated that that brand new toilet has been there for 6 days now and is still not installed. Furthermore, I was irritated that because that new toilet has not been installed, we have her toilet tank water dripping into our bathroom. I was also irritated that I had forgotten about Spencer's baseball banquet at 6pm and I was supposed to bring a hot dish. Yup, I was just downright irritated.
So, last night when Mike decided we needed to bring our boat out for a test run, I did not want to go. I tried to talk him out of it but I was beginning to irritate him, lol. So I grudgingly went (We left the kids with Grammy). I'm soooo glad he talked me into the boat ride. The ocean was calm & the sunset was incredible. The clouds were a beautiful blend of pink and red with golden flecks that glowed on the mirror-like water. It was so peaceful... I literally felt all the irritations of the day melt away. With the exception of two other fishing boats we passed, it seemed that the ocean and sunset were created just for us. Happily the good mood carried over into today.....
Today was just about perfect. In the 70's, clear blue skies and no humidity. I decided to bring the kids to the beach. One of the things I love most about this tiny town is that it's only minutes from the ocean. It was lowtide when we arrived, so with buckets and shovels in hand we went exploring. We found lots of shells, clams, snails, hermit crabs and a baby lobster. We even took off our shoes to wade in the ocean.... We discovered one rock that was literally surrounded by hermit crabs. As I was picking out 4 of them to put in the bucket to show the toddlers, Mikey suddenly screamed. Poor lil guy got pinched hard by a hermit crab, it made his toe bleed. He wasn't so thrilled about hermit crabs after that, nature lesson over....
When we got home I attempted to put them both down for a nap. Sadly, I think their nap days are numbered. I'm bumming.... Today was a day of discovery for Mikey. At 21 months old he not only discovered that hermit crabs pinch, but he discovered that he can get out of his crib. I heard this little voice proclaim "I did it!!" and then the patter of little feet running thru the kitchen. Sammi was right there celebrating with him. Unfortunately it wasn't a fluke, because he did it 4 times after that. Yesterday this unexpected gain in independence would have irritated me, but today I feel like celebrating too. Grape juice anyone??
21 comments:
Sounds like it was a PMS day! lol. Good thing you went for the boat ride, it's amazing what water can do.
Aw! How can you be irritated with that! LOL! That is too cute! Of course I know it's easy for e to say that. I'm not going to have ot keep up with the little guy! :-) Well I'm glad your string of irritation was broken. :-)
I love living near the water, too, though we only have the Puget Sound. Bummer about limited naptime-days! I'm dreading the thought, having survived a 4-month nap-drought!
lol cute journal...keep up with all ur writin and good luck with everythin goin on in ur life..lol ur journal made me laugh..but in a good way...take care
gabi
Sometimes a change of scenery is all it takes to get our perspective back.
So sorry to hear about the hermit crab toe pinch; by the sound of it, Mikey is ok, thank goodness. As for him climbing out of his crib, kiss your quiet moments goodbye, lol. Eh, ten years from now you will reminisce back to these days with fondness. =P
MICHELLE
I'VE HAD MANY DAYS LIKE YOU SPEAK ABOUT. I ALSO HAVE A TEENAGER AND TWO TODDLERS (1 & 3) BUT THATS NOT ALL I STOPPED WORKING WHEN THE 3 YEAR OLD WAS BORN TO RAISE HIM. BUT NOT BY CHOICE. I HAD TO GO ON DIALYSIS BECAUSE OF A RARE KIDNEY DISEASE. SINCE THEN IVE HAD TWO SURGERIES AND AM GOING TO HAVE ANOTHER ONE IN TWO WEEKS, BECAUSE OF A HERNIA I'VE HAD FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS. WE ALSO JUST BOUGHT OUR HOME SO OUR FINANCES ARE TIGHT ENOUGH TO CRACK A TICK. THE ONE THING THAT KEEPS ME SMILING IS MY KIDS AND THE THOUGHT THAT ONE DAY I WONT BE THERE TO GUIDE THEM SO I BETTER DO MY BEST NOW. SURFING THIS SIGHT HELPS TOO. SO KEEP SMILING AND PARENTING BECAUSE I KNOW I WILL.
OH, ONE MORE THING I AM THEIR DAD
WADE LANGE BEACHBUMADAM24@AOL.COM (I USE MY TEENAGERS EMAIL--GO FIGURE)
i am also 42 god has bless you and yours I have a teen also who knows it all and hey you cant help but to love them even more having the experience of a 20 year old daughter I cant help but to add by telling you to give the teen more attention to aviod her from going else where for that attention sadly ive failed the 20 yr old so I do try to give my divided attention more toward her needs and afection dont sleap on her you will aviod surpizes in her tank!
From some who has been there A MOTHER OF FOUR
songbird1962, you have a wounderful husband & family, I just got married a year ago the 17 of May and i'm really happy also. I from Michigan live here big of share of my life. I live in Alaska for four years with my first husband because he was in the Army there in Fairbanks. I have 3 boys I should say young men now there ages are 35, 34, 31, and I have nine grandchildren and I love them all very much. I love children all together. poopsiebaby@aol.com
Oh, I hate those irritation days. Even things that normally wouldn't irritate you are suddenly irritating. Grrr... But I'm glad you worked it all out. I love the photos of the babies on the beach! Awww.. they're precious. We have a beach nearby, but all you're likely to find on it are a couple of dead jellyfish and some rank seaweed. LOL That's the Gulf for ya. Yuck. :P
Uh-oh, Michelle is in trouble now! No more naps, AND, your youngest can get out of the crib! Oh my! Some days are just irritating, no matter what, it can't be helped. The boat ride sounded heavenly though (even though it was on a boat in the water, which I don't like) and I am glad it took the bad mood away! Have fun Mommy!!!!
Hugs and love, Lisa
I'm glad you actually *got* groceries...
I am jealous of your boat ride....You painted the picture in my mind so well....I am glad you went!
~Tina
Two words after looking at that picture of you -- SPF 50!
DiAnne, Slo and my sis : ) That is not a picture of me in the background, lol. (wishing it were, she's smaller than me, lol).... Have no recent pics of the babies at the beach, so that is a pic of Sammi at the end of last year. (The toddler in the background IS Sammi's friend Shyanne & her Mommy Michele).
Adorable pic! What beach do you go to out there in Alaska? :P I love the Atlantic Ocean smell. But I'm with Mikey on the hermit crabs. Wait till he steps on a real crab in the ocean - yikes! For the longest time, I wore shoes while swimming [which might explain why i'm not the greatest of swimmers today] :)
IRRITATING, THAT'S A GOOD WORD TO BE NICE ABOUT THINGS...LOL Where do I start... I am 27 years old, no children of my own, yet when I met my husband, he had 4 kids which our now ours !!!!! He had custody of the oldest and now we have all 4.. They are ages 17-boy 15-boy 11-boy, and a 6 year old girl..... talk about my hands being FULL. I will tell you now, I have had my fill plenty of times, but I feel like you do, my oldest thinks we are both stupid parents, he's to the point of hating me.. and then the other 3 worship the ground I walk on... Their DONOR has not seen them in a little over 2 years... Alot of things irritate me and it is probably the same things as you... so if you need to vent on someone... write me, maybe we can become pals....
Oh Michelle. It's so funny. I just mentioned to Doug a couple of days ago that Parker was going to get out of that crib on his own very soon. LOL
I so wish I could take Parker to a beach...but we're hours away. And if I know Parker, he'd go into an hours worth of grunt curses if he got pinched by a hermit crab. =)
I'm SO GLAD you're back! =)
lol!
wow. I sure missed your entries. and that's the truth sister. :)
hahahah.
I love how you were so irritated actually, I was like...yeah! be irritated! ha ha. and then I loved how you didn't want to go because you were so irritated, that would have been me too! And then I loved your special sunset in the boat, awwwww so lovely. And then, offering me grape juice with celebration of your sons achievement instead of just getting irritated. nice! :)
Good thing we never have days like that here. NOT!
Thanks Michelle. I think every parent of young children can relate! :)
Exit2eden00
What does lol stand for?
Dear Michelle,
My brother used to climb out of the crib when he was little so my Mom had my Dad nail a board over the top. I don't know if that's the answer, but at least they got some sleep.
LStar
Post a Comment