My Dad with Sammi as a newborn....
Taking a break from my regularly scheduled journal entries to wish my Dad a very "Happy Father's Day".
Dad, there has never been a time in my life when I didn't feel loved by you. Thank you for always being there to listen, to give me advice, to help me with a recipe, to give me a hug, to tell me a silly joke, for instilling a love of gardening (tho, I will never use chicken manure, lol), for calming my fears about thunder storms, for believing in me, for being a great role model, for being my hero.....
Dear Mom and Dad,
I remember the good times,
they're not so long ago.
Allowances were a dime,
sled rides in the snow.
I remember....
Dad at the piano
playing "Paper Roses".
Mom always there
to kiss bruised knees and noses.
Summer cookouts,
eating chicken by the tons.
I didn't want to stop
until Dad was done.
Car rides, songs,
my favorite request.
Sing "Now Is The Hour"
sang as a duet.
Toothfairies and Easter Bunnies,
all roles played so well.
Lots of laughter, funny jokes
at supper time to tell.
Trips to the beach,
running in the sand.
Afraid of the waves,
I'd hold Dad's hand.
Mom's singing voice,
what a beautiful sound.
Playing the guitar
as we danced around.
Sleepy Sunday mornings,
going off to church.
Sitting in the willow tree
upon my favorite perch.
You came to all our concerts,
track meets and the rest.
Sour notes, win or lose,
for you we tried our best.
I especially remember....
Christmas time,
the fun I always had.
Decorating the Christmas tree,
"Hey, where's Dad?"
Stockings filled, new pajama's,
the smell of tourque' pies.
Presents surround the Christmas tree,
stacked high up to the sky.
I thank you for all the memories,
and all they mean to me.
Your laughter and love,
the greatest gifts,
Will be your legacy....
Written by Michelle S. aka s0ngbird1962
Happy Father's Day, Dad! ~~I love you....
10 comments:
So sweet..I'll bet he loves this. ~Barbara
You truly do have a gift in your poetry writing skills Michelle! That was beautiful! :)
Hugs and love, Lisa
This is a wonderful tribute to your dad. Love the poem. **Barb**
Very nicely said!
That was soooooooo NICE! :O)
Lahoma
Ahhh.. the return of s0ngbird's poetry. What a treat. Thank goodness for Father's day! I'd started to wonder if you'd hung up your poetry pen. LOL :)
Slo, I'll never hang up my poetry pen : P
What a nice poem....sweet picture too...
~Tina
How beautiful !!!! Thank you.
Awww, that poem to your parents was so sweet*
JoJo
Post a Comment