FINALLY! I'm back...........
It seemed like forever, weird how 7 weeks could feel like "forever." Remind me to NEVER ever attempt to fix a problem with my computer again. Still not exactly sure what happened, but the guy who was finally able to fix our computer said we had "major software problems." After I deleted the trojan virus the computer would not even boot up. Anyways, the nightmare is over and Happy Days are here again. :::truly smiling:::
The loss of my computer seemed to be the start of a losing streak for me... Not only did my computer crash, but I lost my cell phone, my car/house keys and a diamond from my wedding band. (All still lost....) Thought I might be losing my mind. But hey, at least I didn't misplace the kids....
On the bright side I did gain a few things too....
I gained five pounds from watching too many talk shows & kiddie shows while on my forced AOL hiatus. Also, all those baby socks that always mysteriously disappear each time I do laundry, reappeared. Suddenly I had this HUGE pile of baby socks, some didn't even fit anymore. :::scratching head::: Do washing machines regurgitate when full? Thinking my washing machine is hungry again tho, because I swear those baby socks are beginning to disappear once more.
Speaking of gaining & disappearing....
While I was away, I gained another year to my life or did another year of my life disappear? On May 8th, I turned 42! That's only 8 years from being 50. Life slow down!! I have friends who think I'm crazy to have "started over" by having babies at age 40. Some of them are now becoming grandparents (now THAT would make me feel old, lol). I don't think I'm crazy, only blessed. It's definitely hard to feel old when I have two toddlers under-foot all day. I love my life, most days....
The last thing I gained in the past few weeks is a black stray cat. Well, sort of.... I keep trying to "ungain" him. He's found a way to move into our basement. Mike keeps shooing him outside, but the eviction never lasts very long. I'll go downstairs to do the laundry and there he is, peering at me from a high shelf in the corner. Hmmm, I've never been superstitious but just maybe there's something to black cats and bad luck. See? I'm not losing my mind and losing things, it's the cat's fault! Or maybe......
He's a cat burglar. Yeah, that's it....
Main Entry: cat burglar
Function: noun
Date: 1907
: a burglar who is adept at entering and leaving the burglarized place without attracting notice
Creeping around in stealth mode while dressed in black fur. Next time we catch him we'll check to see if he has pockets. Hey, give me back my cell phone, car keys & diamond!
**Going to check the basement now....
19 comments:
Hey Michelle!!! Nice to have you back! I was beginning to think you have given up on all of us here in J-land. Time to add you back into my journal links right now! Sounds like even though you were away from AOL for 7 weeks (WOW! 7 weeks!), you still kept pretty busy! And, by the way, I am STILL finding baby socks even though Emma is now a shoe size of 1 and these are teeny tiny baby socks. I think you are correct, the washing machine does spit them out when it gets full! WELCOME BACK!!!!!!
Hugs and love, Lisa
welcome back!!! I was beginning to wonder if we'd EVER hear from you again :)
Happy belated birthday! I think it's fantastic that you started over at 40! That's when most of us (I'll be there in 2 years, myself) feel like we're losing it.
I had a trojan horse virus last week! ::hoping I don't have the same problems:: I *think* it's been removed safely. I'm not even sure how I got it, since I haven't downloaded anything in ages.
Anyway, welcome home... 7 weeks is a very long time to go without aol-J :)
I "found" your journal while you were away Michelle, so I had time to catch up! Glad your back, I look forward to reading more! =)
Hey, I think you have my cat! He disappeared a while ago! Welcome back! And happy belated birthday! :) (www.melodee128.blogspot.com)
Welcom back...it has been a long time! Glad things with the computer are finally fixed. I'm a big loser of things too (including the diamond from my engagement ring!) Happy belated birthday!
I'm so GLAD you are back!!! YEAH!!!!! Party time LOL!!! =)
Sorry about all the other lost stuff .... maybe black cats should be avoided LOL!
Woo hoo!! The songbird is back to sing again!! Happy belated birthday!
Yay - you're back! Boo on the streak of 'bad luck'. But I happen to love black cats... so it's all about perspective. I laughed about the first 'gain' [not at you, just at your delivery]. I can hardly believe it's been 7 weeks. A lot has happened in that time. I actually lost weight and gained a whole steady clientele base. We've had some similar things happen - I had a birthday in May too. Happy Belated Birthday!! Celebrate you! I lost keys [they were stolen from my car]. And I thought I was losing my mind too. So, see? We're connected. Glad to have you back!! xo
yay you're back!!! was wondering how long you were going to be gone!!! -=)
Yeah!!! I was sooo happy to see, songbird1967 in my comments box. I had to look twice to make sure it was really you :) I really missed you.
Life seems like it got busy while you were away. busy losing things, and gaining other things. Sorry about the things that went "lost" hopefully they will be found again. :)
Glad you are back! Have a great time catching up! God bless, Beckie
Welcome back to the world of the living! :-) Er, the no life... ya
-Brianne
Yeah! I'm so glad you're back, Michelle. You've been missed. It seems much longer than 7 weeks, that's for sure. Of course, so much has happened in my life since then, that's probably why. LOL
Anyway...welcome back!
Welcome back Michelle, and belated happy birthday! Time sure flies; if only it would slow down for those getting up there in age like us. Eh, I tell the younguns, they'll have their turn at growing old, just they wait and see! lol
I'm glad your computer is up and running, how you managed all those weeks without it I don't know. Computers are such an integral part of my life now that I will probably have major withdrawal pains if they're taken away from me. Why, I can't even remember a life without them!
LOL.. Ok, I'm mad at myself. The night you announced your return, I opened your journal and viewed this entry with the intention of leaving a comment. Then I got distracted by Hel, kids, possible tenants, and a dozen other things. I somehow left the computer - maybe AOL shut down on it's own. But for some reason, I thought I'd left you a comment. FOR FRICKEN SHAME!! LOL What's wrong with me???
I missed you sooooooo much!! So glad you're back in the land of the living [that's us, of course. :D]
LoL on all the things you lost and gained during your hiatus. But Hiatus doesn't really apply here. 7 weeks is anything but SHORT. Grrr. Don't ever do that to us again! I mean it. :D
Michelle...it really is great that you are back now...I love your journal....and your comments in mine too....
Cute picture!!
~Tina
happy birthday .... my husband is turning 50 this weekend, we have big surprise party put together for him tomorrow night. Not sure if he is onto us. But by Sunday, I'm gonna be in bed next to a 50-year-old guy. How's that for aging a person? Remind me not to marry someone 10 years older next time. Oops, there aint gonna BE a next time!
~ Karyn
your friends are just now grandparents? i'm 36 and now have 2 granddaughters. so you will be fine and goodluck
Welcome back...I have missed you. I love to read your journal entries. They make my day and make me laugh.
Post a Comment