Sunday, February 22, 2004

Sunday Morning News

Isn't this picture cute?  I just love the way that they are working together, my little partners in crime. I guess I won't find it so cute, when they figure out how to hoist the other up to undo locks on doors.  Because we have a pool one of my greatest fears are they will figure out the door locks and get outside unnoticed.  Hey, that's one good thing about winter, a respite from pool worries.  You know, I've been such a worrier lately.  I worry about EVERYTHING.  Wonder what that's all about?  Guessing that's what parenthood does to a person. Yesterday my "worry mode" was in high gear.  Not even sure why.  Just had a feeling of impending doom, like something wasn't quite right with the world.  It was one of those days that I just wanted everyone to stay inside out of harm's way.  But of course that isn't reasonable, life must go on....

The dog-sitting is going pretty good. The biggest problem we are having is that Brandy (the beagle) is such an escape artist. Yesterday morning she escaped out the front door.  Spencer bolted after her wearing only his boxer shorts and socks in 30 degree weather. Where is the camera when you need it? After chasing her down the street and through some mud, much to the amusement of our neighbors, he finally caught her. Too funny....

Last night we went to a monster truck rally at the Worcester Centrum.  Getting there was a bit harried, taking an indirect route and a wrong turn was frustrating.  But we made it, 20 minutes late, and everyone had a great time.  We didn't get home until midnight, I hoped that the babies would sleep in, no such luck.  How can they be so bright eyed and bushy tailed while I feel so tired?  This morning I couldn't find the sippy cups.  While looking under the sofa I mumbled under my breath, "Where are those freakin' cups?"  A few seconds later, Sammi walks up behind me with both cups in her hands and says, "Mom, here are the freakin' cups...."  :::Note to self: mumble even quieter under your breath:::

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a cute entry!

Anonymous said...

That was too funny about Sammi repeating you! Oh, and my 3 year old is constantly dumping out her "sandbox" filled with toys (in reality it's a toybox like the one your children are standing in) and sitting inside watching t.v. for hours! She even puts a pillow and blankie in there to make it all comfy. Never understood their fascination with boxes! But, I am not a kid, so of course I wouldn't understand! Worcester Centrum huh? You must live close to me! I am in CT.
Hugs and love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

Kids are so precious at that age...I miss those days so much

Anonymous said...

apologies for not commenting enough on your wonderful journal Michelle....soooo busy with new business. Glad you had a great time at the Monster rally, I'd like to go sometime, I know James would too. I don't worry about things that I can't control, only things I can, so I don't sweat the other stuff. Life is too short, sweetie!

Take care
Beverly

Anonymous said...

I love the picture....partners in crime....I use that phrase about my kids too.
I hate when worry mode kicks in....but it does, and kicks hard...I guess that is just part of life...
~Tina

Anonymous said...

The Worcester Centrum - that's where I saw most of the concerts I went to - Rick Springfield, REO Speedwagon, Madonna, NKOTB. [the last one was NOT my choice. It was for my ex-boyfriend!] That pic is great. Their teamwork was the first thing I noticed. Spencer's quite a guy - sounds like a scene from a movie. :) Hmm...fear of impending doom. Deep breaths! Go to your heart.

Anonymous said...

At least all you said was "freaking". Alex gave me his "f***ing" socks this morning and I about died. Hmmm....he must have heard that from Daddy ;)

Anonymous said...

Adorable photo! And, yes, I too have to remind myself to mumble quieter under my breath. I'll never forget the one word my son (who rarely speaks a single word) said so plain on one occasion...
Sh*t. Yep... He heard it from me. I blamed it on his grandma tho :P

Anonymous said...

Monster Truck Rally... Oy... lol That's the one place I know I'll never be dragged to. Something to do with all the Monster Truck Rally's we were forced to watch on TV as kids. tehehe.. But I'm glad you guys had a good time.

I can just see Spencer going after the pup in his boxers! LoL What a riot!! I bet everyone was laughing up a storm inside their cozy houses. Brave kiddo! :)

Anonymous said...

cute picture, those sippie cups are a godsend tho...i just got rid of mine and my youngest is 9 how pathetic is that....

Anonymous said...

Love this entry. It covered so much of what life is about: children, husbands, entertainment, frustration, love; the whole works. Ummm, I remember how fast children repeat what they hear. LOL take care. Barb

Anonymous said...

That picture really is adorable. =) As for the worrying...I'm right there with you, Michelle. Parker being sick has really put things in perspective for me. I've never been so scared.

I'm glad dog-sitting isn't a nightmare for you. LOL Great visual image of Spencer though. hehe

And why is it that babies won't sleep in when they're up way past their bedtime??? I've never figured that one out myself either.

Glad to be back!
XO ~ Bridgett

Anonymous said...

One of the reasons I love coming here are the adorable pictures of your kids. They are sooooo cute! And I'm not surprised that Sammi repeated what you said, kids are so perceptive and observant. That image of your husband running after the dog in his boxers is hilarious, I can almost see it, lol. And I think you're right, being a mom = worrywart, that's just how it goes. =D