Iceberg, oh iceberg, melt away please....
Float away to some distant sea.
It's been a cold, long winter here
I'm tired of wearing long underwear.
No more wooley mittens, scarves or boots,
Just want to wear my birthday suit.
Throw aside sweats that hide all my faults,
G'bye hot chocolate, I want to drink malts.
Refusing to shovel anymore snow,
Need to feel beach sand between my toes.
Please winter loosen your icy grip,
One more fall and I'll break my hip.
I've asked you nicely, why won't you go?
Quit dragging your feet, don't move so slow.
Iceberg, oh iceberg, melt away please....
Float away to some distant sea.
written by: Michelle/s0ngbird1962
11 comments:
Aww... I hear your frustration. But this was really cute :) Howzit over there in animal kingdom? hehe. I'm one to talk huh? I'm petsitting this week - all week. I just checked our local weather forcast and we're expecting cold rain every single day - that's right EVERY SINGLE DAY. I can usually skimp on Hunny's walks, but that won't go over too well with my client. And you KNOW I don't have a raincoat! rain rain go away ... splish-splash!
We're expecting rain here in las vegas every day until thursday
LOL ~ you are so cute, Michelle. And very talented. It would take me a week to write a poem like this. :::applauds for you:::
XO ~ Bridgett
Great poem...I love it!!..............Deanna
Michelle, That is Wonderful...And so appropriate!!!
Thks, Vince
Hi,I felt some symbolic meaning behind, could it be iceberg not real iceberg you're talking? like some obstacles or? 'Float away to some distant sea'__means not disappearing totally, want it somewhere but not near...
What an awesome photo. Just perfect for the nice poem too. Have a terrific evening. Barb
Faultlessly beautiful, as usual. Wow... you've really gotta try to get some of these published, even if it's only in e-zines. Your talent is amazing!
I feel like it was written just for me! :) Jeanne and the iceberg behind her house
WE don't have snow here in L.A., but boy we're been drenched with rain and I don't like it! Iceberg, oh iceberg, please do go, leave songbird alone, she's fed up and won't take no!
Awww...thanks to everyone for their sweet comments. Found this picture and thought it was beautiful, so thought I'd whip up a poem for it... : )
Post a Comment