Friday morning we woke up to ominous skies. By 11am, much to the delight of my little ones, snow began falling. I really didn't want to bring them out to play, because Sammi has come down with a terrible cold. But as you can see from the above picture, Sammi's pathetic plea's won in the end. I bundled them both up and took them out to play for about 15 minutes. I'm not the only one with cabin fever.... Unfortunately, no signs of Spring yet.
Nothing like having a sick child to take care of any "bored" feelings I was having. That'll teach me to complain, lol. Saturday morning she started with a high fever & runny nose. Trying to keep up with the amount of snot dripping out of that cute lil nose is a full-time job. Ughhhhhh.....I hate boogers! Her cold has progressed to a congested cough that comes from her toes. Poor baby, isn't sleeping at all. Last night after sleeping from 9:30pm - midnight, she (and of course, I) was up for the night. She finally went to sleep today at 2pm for a short 45 minute nap & now she is back up watching cartoons on the couch. I called the Dr's today and I discovered I was giving her the wrong medicine for her cold at night. I've been giving her PediaCare multi-symptom cough syrup at night, thinking it would help her sleep. WRONG! Apparently there is sudafed in there, which is not condusive to sleep, actually has the opposite effect. So tonight it is benadryl & tylenol so-she-(and her mother)-can-sleep-medicine. Wish they made baby Nyquil....
Mikey just got up from his nap and his nose is a bit drippy. ::::sigh:::: Off to the drugstore to stock up on Kleenex. Think it's going to be a long few days. Did I mention how much I hate boogers?
11 comments:
I guess now we know 15 minutes in the snow is NOT a cure for the common cold. Still, a tough decision in the face of a "pathetic plea." :) Lots of water and vitamin C all around. Don't want you getting sick now! xo
Ahhhhhh, that picture above is too precious! It really ought to be made into a greeting card or something.
Smilin Mon
Oh lawd, I have a nasty cold I can't seem to shake; I really don't know how kids--and their moms--can handle it! And Mikey too, oh no! Well do take care of yourself, I hate to say it, but you might come down with it too now that the two little ones have it. I just discovered Nyquil and that thing is great, knocks me out so I feel no pain! Adorable pic, btw.
WOW! A winter wonderland!!! Cute kids and they look like they are having a ball. Hope they get to feeling better and that you get some sleep too. Take care and hugs, lanny
Oh my gosh! There is sooooo much snow! My kids would think they were on another planet. Ugh, and sick babies.....don't get me started. If I get thrown up one more time, it's off to the sausage factory with these twins!
Stacy
LOL....ahh you poor thing. I made that mistake ONCE too. Now, I check the back of every bottle to make sudafed isn't part of his night time cold remedy. LOL...hope tomorrow is a better day :)
nasty boogers....hope all are well soon! Beautiful picture! :) ~cindy
Awww... I absolutely LOVE the snowbabies pic!!! How cute is that!? I could never look that happy sitting in a pile of snow. Only babies and little kids have that magic, I think. LOL
And yes... Baby NyQuil... gooooood idea! Patent it quick while you still can.. make a billion bucks!! :P
Song...........Beautiful Pic!!
Vince
Michelle...I was just wondering if you hate boogers....
I love the snow picture!!
~Tina
Great journal! great honor (to be chosen for ed's picks)--but well deserved! I especially like this photo--it so illustrates your sidebar comment and the joy we used to feel about snow before adulthood stepped in. Michelle time happens here--please keep it up!
Post a Comment